Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh, I wasn't the person who brought up Ford or VW in the first place.

I did clarify that your dismissal of them being brought up was factually incorrect- in that many of their crimes aren't just 80 years in the past- because they aren't. They're pretty recent, and did far more harm to actual people, including hundreds of human deaths in Fords case.

I mean, they LITERALLY chose to lower tire pressures as a band aid rather than actually design the vehicle correctly.

Not "random low level engineer" making that decision- Ford executives.

They decided bolting a big SUV box onto a small pickup chassis would be cheaper and faster than properly designing a new vehicle. That's not a decision random joe engineer makes.

And it's not like any of this was new info to Ford executives. They were aware of stability issues with the Explorer prototype in May of 1987 per internal memos. Further memos tell the Ford execs there's a bunch of engineering changes that can make the truck safer- some quick Band-Aids that might help some, others significant/costly ones that'd delay production but make the vehicle significantly safer-- Management tells them "Do anything on the list that won't delay launching the truck, but nothing else"

But hey if you want more RECENT examples of Ford intentionally cheeping out on safety here ya go:

1.7 billion dollar punitive judgement from about a year ago regarding Ford Super Duty trucks sold from 1999 through 2016, knowingly doing so for many many years with weak/defective roofs that wouldn't hold up in a rollover accident and led to numerous actual deaths.

FYI, the Chairman and CEO of Ford in 1999? William Clay Ford Jr. He's STILL executive chair of Ford today

Dear Elon…..

There's no substance to this post and it's not just about his poor timelines. There are many things he says that are easily verifiable as false. I absolutely appreciate him and what he's done, but equally call him out when he states things on twitter that are false and let people know that his timelines aren't to be taken serious.
And when he starts posting them on Tesla.com I will be right by you.

I can predict the future just as much as fanboys who are predicting the future that the CT will replace SUV’s and Pick Ups.

Move the goal post again boys…..
Have you driven an F150 lately? I had a brand new one as a rental a few years ago. It felt like it was broken. Lots of noise and rumbling for very little acceleration. It's not going to be too hard for the CT to put a big dent in pickup sales. Obviously it's not going to replace them all, but it might push Ford and GM closer to bankruptcy. Is your argument that the CT won't have enough demand, or just that it won't cut into very many pickup sales, or both?

Have you driven an F150 lately? I had a brand new one as a rental a few years ago. It felt like it was broken. Lots of noise and rumbling for very little acceleration. It's not going to be too hard for the CT to put a big dent in pickup sales. Obviously it's not going to replace them all, but it might push Ford and GM closer to bankruptcy. Is your argument that the CT won't have enough demand, or just that it won't cut into very many pickup sales, or both?

I own a Lightning and have owned an EB F-150.

Maybe don’t get an F-150 as a rental next time?

I know I wouldn’t….

Reactions: texas_star_TM3