Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, not to defend Elons garbage- because it is garbage, but Ford is still controlled by his family, and has had larger-than-tesla discrimination and harassment lawsuits and settlements in the last few years (plus remember the tire thing where they actively decided it was cheaper to lower tire pressures increasing accidents and deaths than fix their defective vehicle design?)

VW was still gassing both humans and monkeys less than 10 years ago.

Both got a ton less press than Elon retweets conspiracy theory dogwhistle though so perhaps you hadn't heard about those.
Ford is not controlled by the family. not even close.

stop making up stuff.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mengy and T3SLAROD
Getting excited to see what the pricing and options will be.
Are you still excited? Less than two weeks now.
Screenshot_20231118_102833_Chrome.jpg

Ford is not controlled by the family. not even close.

Except, they are.

You cited common shares, which doesn't speak to voting power. Ford family owns Class B shares, available only to family members, but which have massively more voting power than common shares.

While the Class B shares account for 2% of Ford’s outstanding stock, they control 40% of the voting power.

They are by a massive amount the largest bloc of voting shares.

stop making up stuff.

I suggest you take your own advice.

You're right, Elon Musk can do no wrong.

Dude.

My post literally says "FWIW, not to defend Elons garbage- because it is garbage"

Perhaps consider the "Elon can do no right" folks are just as bad as the "Elon can do no wrong" ones.

People still ask why the "New" Model 3 doesn't really show any improvement

Weird- most reviews I've seen cite a ton of improvements, especially suspension and interior.

or why we are getting a half-ass CT

Amazing how people have analysis of something without official specs.

, or why the designs havent changed for the S in 12 years.

So Raven and Plaid are imaginary?

As far as Ford and VW, you should probably send these stories to the EV press so they can put it out and arrest the VW monkey/human gassers. They can then go after Fords family members for personally discriminating and harassing/lowering tire pressure on their vehicles.

They have. I even cited the lawsuits and payouts they've had to make. They just got a TON less OMG LOOK AT THIS STUFF in social media compared to the Elon stuff.

Think about it. This man is comparing Elon Musk anti-semitism to tire pressures

To be fair- the tire thing literally killed hundreds of people

Elons tweet, to my knowledge directly caused 0 deaths.

Again, BOTH things are bad, but maybe your bias is making you reverse which is objectively worse?

, which he thinks is Ford'd family members fault.........not the engineers or designers, but a Ford family member who said "lower the tire pressure"!

Again, Ford family has, by far, the most voting power in the company. They were on the board when these decisions were made and the CEO and COO when they finally were forced to do recalls was literally the great-grandson of Henry Ford.

Except, they are.

You cited common shares, which doesn't speak to voting power. Ford family owns Class B shares, available only to family members, but which have massively more voting power than common shares.

They are by a massive amount the largest bloc of voting shares.

I suggest you take your own advice.
So 40% of the vote = controlling ? lol. That is defined as 50%+. Especially as the 40% is split among multiple family members and even *if* they all agree they are still well short of any controlling share of the vote.

Dude.

My post literally says "FWIW, not to defend Elons garbage- because it is garbage"

Perhaps consider the "Elon can do no right" folks are just as bad as the "Elon can do no wrong" ones.

Weird- most reviews I've seen cite a ton of improvements, especially suspension and interior.

Amazing how people have analysis of something without official specs.

So Raven and Plaid are imaginary?

They have. I even cited the lawsuits and payouts they've had to make. They just got a TON less OMG LOOK AT THIS STUFF in social media compared to the Elon stuff.

To be fair- the tire thing literally killed hundreds of people

Elons tweet, to my knowledge directly caused 0 deaths.

Again, BOTH things are bad, but maybe your bias is making you reverse which is objectively worse?

Again, Ford family has, by far, the most voting power in the company. They were on the board when these decisions were made and the CEO and COO when they finally were forced to do recalls was literally the great-grandson of Henry Ford.

Then proceeds with whataboutism….. ok

Again, I can see the board room: “Sir, we need to lower the tire pressures”…. Ford: “Do it!” 🤣🤣🤣

Nice try

You're right, Elon Musk can do no wrong. When he does, we can just dig up the wrongs of others to prove how good he is. SMH.

People still ask why the "New" Model 3 doesn't really show any improvement or why we are getting a half-ass CT, or why the designs havent changed for the S in 12 years. The answer is right in front of you..... Dear Elon.

As far as Ford and VW, you should probably send these stories to the EV press so they can put it out and arrest the VW monkey/human gassers. They can then go after Fords family members for personally discriminating and harassing/lowering tire pressure on their vehicles.

Think about it. This man is comparing Elon Musk anti-semitism to tire pressures, which he thinks is Ford'd family members fault.........not the engineers or designers, but a Ford family member who said "lower the tire pressure"!

smh
@T3SLAROD you're officially promoted to the rank of "Negative Nancy", strong work!

Then proceeds with whataboutism….. ok

Uh, I wasn't the person who brought up Ford or VW in the first place.

I did clarify that your dismissal of them being brought up was factually incorrect- in that many of their crimes aren't just 80 years in the past- because they aren't. They're pretty recent, and did far more harm to actual people, including hundreds of human deaths in Fords case.

Again, I can see the board room: “Sir, we need to lower the tire pressures”…. Ford: “Do it!” 🤣🤣🤣

Nice try

I mean, they LITERALLY chose to lower tire pressures as a band aid rather than actually design the vehicle correctly.

The biography of the Explorer reveals how executives at Ford, under great pressure to be in on the coming sport utility boom, decided to build their entry in a hurry and on a shoestring, but with only moderate attention to stability.

Not "random low level engineer" making that decision- Ford executives.

They decided bolting a big SUV box onto a small pickup chassis would be cheaper and faster than properly designing a new vehicle. That's not a decision random joe engineer makes.

And it's not like any of this was new info to Ford executives. They were aware of stability issues with the Explorer prototype in May of 1987 per internal memos. Further memos tell the Ford execs there's a bunch of engineering changes that can make the truck safer- some quick Band-Aids that might help some, others significant/costly ones that'd delay production but make the vehicle significantly safer-- Management tells them "Do anything on the list that won't delay launching the truck, but nothing else"

But hey if you want more RECENT examples of Ford intentionally cheeping out on safety here ya go:

1.7 billion dollar punitive judgement from about a year ago regarding Ford Super Duty trucks sold from 1999 through 2016, knowingly doing so for many many years with weak/defective roofs that wouldn't hold up in a rollover accident and led to numerous actual deaths.

FYI, the Chairman and CEO of Ford in 1999? William Clay Ford Jr. He's STILL executive chair of Ford today