Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Give it one year; obviously the product is not your cup of tea.

It may, or may not, find a captive audience.

But to declare, with absolute certainty, that the product is a failure in the marketplace on the same day of the first deliveries sounds just as delusional as the fan boys saying it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Totally agree. Even though I won't be going through with my reservation because it doesn't check all of my own boxes, that certainly doesn't mean it's unsuitable for everyone. I just watched the Top Gear feature on it and I have a great deal of respect for the engineering work that went in to the vehicle, and it just pains me to say that the Silverado EV is better for my needs because I know that GM just threw a crap ton of battery at the solution rather than better engineering. But the bottom line is each individual person has their own needs out of something that is a significant expense and no vehicle can satisfy everyone. That is, after all, why the biggest car manufacturer in the world still only holds less than 14% of the market. Everyone's different. Anyone who claims that a particular vehicle or company is a failure because they don't satisfy absolutely everyone and dominate the market is either delusional or has an axe to grind.

Give it one year; obviously the product is not your cup of tea.

It may, or may not, find a captive audience.

But to declare, with absolute certainty, that the product is a failure in the marketplace on the same day of the first deliveries sounds just as delusional as the fan boys saying it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread.
My guess is it will sell in the same volume, or a bit better, as the Model X once the initial sales bump is finished next year. The target market isn't that much different IMO. We'll see how this shakes out over the next 12 months.

My guess is it will sell in the same volume, or a bit better, as the Model X once the initial sales bump is finished next year. The target market isn't that much different IMO. We'll see how this shakes out over the next 12 months.
If it’s lucky, it will become a niche market product that caters to a specific small set of customers. Will be interesting to see reservation conversion rates, say a year from now (assuming they actually start delivering this _____)!

The market close for Tesla was down .55% today. I call that pretty flat. Tesla didn't get a bump today, nor did it meaningfully drop. That tells me that the market had already factored in the CT pricing and specs within their expectations. I said some time ago here, that the only way I see this competing, is if they can do so on price, and I doubted that would happen. It looks like investors on a whole, came to that same conclusion previously as well.

Market has just opened, and is speaking to yesterday's "Spectacle". Thew stock closed down yesterday and began its fall around the same time as Elon took to the air.... will be interesting to see where it closes at, later today...

.View attachment 995444
Quite a reach….
You might want to revisit this post and make an edit. As I tried to explain to you before ( yesterday) the stock has dropped on almost every event/earnings call.
No 🏆 For you lol
The stock barely moved today and was actually up ^ late in the day
Ended slightly down $1.10 for the day.
So in retrospect, perhaps the cyber truck news is being taken as a positive since it rose from almost $7 down 🍿
Glass half full

Reactions: jebinc
Quite a reach….
You might want to revisit this post and make an edit. As I tried to explain to you before ( yesterday) the stock has dropped on almost every event/earnings call.
No 🏆 For you lol
The stock barely moved and was actually up ^ late in the day
Ended slightly down $1.10 So in retrospect, perhaps the cyber truck news is being taken as a positive since it rose from almost $7 down 🍿
Glass half full
Yes, I expected more of a drop today - true. Maybe it will take a few days to trend down, maybe not. Time will tell.

Reactions: TessP100D
the market for $80k+ vehicles in a 6%+ car loan environment isn't that large... Not having any offering for $60-$70k really limits the market in this case

Couldn't see if this has been posted here yet, but Marques' video says that 2,500 lbs is the capacity of the bed itself, not the entire payload capacity. So I guess this argument isn't dead yet:

View attachment 995521
I take this as someone who doesn’t understand common truck specs or over simplifying.