Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First reviews seems very SOLID
100% keeping my order

Ditto. I understand some true truck people might not like it but I’ve spoke to a few other Tesla owners this morning who are not truck people who are also keeping order.
I ordered about 1.5 years ago probably won’t see an order for a couple years. By then there could be upgrades and reductions, so there’s that. The videos were great of actual drives rather than the internet/ forum bantering back and forth. Thx 4 posting. I’m sure we’ll see more and more over the coming weeks.

I'll most likely pick one up off Tesla Inventory or a Demo. I am getting this feeling that Tesla is going to screw the $100 Reservations and start building out those who paid the $250.
That's wonderful customer service right there if true. I certainly hope not, but I do wonder if a reservation holder refuses delivery - will they offer that unit up to the next reservation holder in line - or will they dump those units into inventory listed on the website? Of course the demos will likely end up on the website listed as demos best guess.

That's wonderful customer service right there if true. I certainly hope not, but I do wonder if a reservation holder refuses delivery - will they offer that unit up to the next reservation holder in line - or will they dump those units into inventory listed on the website? Of course the demos will likely end up on the website listed as demos best guess.
See post above; it likely will be true.

I am getting this feeling that Tesla is going to screw the $100 Reservations and start building out those who paid the $250.
No reason for Tesla to do that as nobody is locked in to a specific price with the CT. That absolutely happened with the early Palladium orders as prices started to rise. I received my later Plaid order before a majority of the early long range orders were filled.

No reason for Tesla to do that as nobody is locked in to a specific price with the CT. That absolutely happened with the early Palladium orders as prices started to rise. I received my later Plaid order before a majority of the early long range orders were filled.
There's been like 2 or 3 people claiming that December deliveries will only be in California and Texas and will expand after the new year due to Service Center training.

in Jay Leno's garage he literally said that at Tesla the final car is even *better* than the prototype and they aren't like other OEMs who have cool prototypes but then the final car falls short. He also brags about the vehicle having *armor glass* in addition to bullet-resistant doors. watch the video.

If the prototype unveiled is hyped up with 500+ miles of range, 14k lbs of towing, armor-glass and teased at $69k starting.... but the final result is nowhere near 500+ miles and doesn't tow 14k lbs and doesn't have armor-glass - AND - costs substantially more than $69k... how is that the final product being better than the prototype ? At the presentation Elon didn't say "those specs are aspirational and we will give it a try but who knows if it's doable..."

Better than the prototype? Lol

I am getting this feeling that Tesla is going to screw the $100 Reservations and start building out those who paid the $250.
Given the site is advertising “delivery in 2024” for reservations placed today even Tesla must know they’re going to have an absolutely dismal conversion rate of reservations into orders.

I say we are at that point now.

Give it one year; obviously the product is not your cup of tea.

It may, or may not, find a captive audience.

But to declare, with absolute certainty, that the product is a failure in the marketplace on the same day of the first deliveries sounds just as delusional as the fan boys saying it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Couldn't see if this has been posted here yet, but Marques' video says that 2,500 lbs is the capacity of the bed itself, not the entire payload capacity. So I guess this argument isn't dead yet:

Screenshot_20231201-143056.png