Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using the testing that has already been done on the F-150 Lightning as a guide, going from All-Season street tires to AT tires resulted in a ~30 mile range hit. Both TFL and State Of Charge has tested this. Also going from the normal wheels to a larger wheel, also resulted in a range hit. The larger wheels that people like to put on trucks for "looks" aren't better. They're worse for several reasons. Since the two models are comparable on range, I'd expect around the same with the CT.

Again, I’m living with this daily. Not a one time test. I’ve swap wheels and tires at least 3 times. The result is always the same, a gain or Los of anywhere between 10-20 miles.

TFL and SOC are also in a different environment than where I live so the results might vary.

Also, the CT could have been tested with 18” wheels on street tires to achieve 340 which is why it says “Est”.

The only thing we know is that AT will reduce range and if it is 40 miles, it could be 380 or 300 miles.

Reactions: jebinc
Again, I’m living with this daily. Not a one time test. I’ve swap wheels and tires at least 3 times. The result is always the same, a gain or Los of anywhere between 10-20 miles.

TFL and SOC are also in a different environment than where I live so the results might vary.

Also, the CT could have been tested with 18” wheels on street tires to achieve 340 which is why it says “Est”.

The only thing we know is that AT will reduce range and if it is 40 miles, it could be 380 or 300 miles.
Given all of the known number fudging already, it’s way more likely 300 than 380, right?

Given all of the known number fudging already, it’s way more likely 300 than 380, right?

Who knows, I’m sure if it was 380 the would not be hiding it. It’s not like Tesla is known to sandbag range in order to surprise customers.

The Est makes me think it’s lower than 340, but we shall see. Even then for me there is not enough to get rid of my Lightning. If I was truck less then maybe.

Reactions: jebinc
One other factor.
WHEN is the Silverado deliverable? 2025, 6.....7 ??
I got contacted by GM with my pre order. If I ordered at least 50 (but I reserved 2, one for me and one for my daughters business) I could start taking delivery of the 450 mile WT in March 2024 and have them all by May-June. They are filling fleet sales first.

I was convinced to cancel my reservation. Does that count?

I'm nearly convinced to order one for myself, so I guess everything balances out?

thanos-balanced.gif

Reactions: EXOTIC1
One other factor.
WHEN is the Silverado deliverable? 2025, 6.....7 ??
It's already being delivered to customers - they are on the Silverado EV groups/forums - just not in large numbers yet. Contrary to popular opinion, the delays that Barra announced don't translate to no deliveries until 2025 - it means that the second factory to ramp up deliveries further is being delayed - the existing factory is still producing Silverado EVs as planned.

Were you able to cancel? I'm reading from a lot of people that their credit card expired so Tesla is unable at the moment to refund them.
My cancellation went right through, but of course I don't have the funds yet. My card changed expiration dates since I placed the reservation but the number is the same. I'm guessing that won't be a problem, but if their number changed it will be, and probably involve an extra step.

It's already being delivered to customers - they are on the Silverado EV groups/forums - just not in large numbers yet. Contrary to popular opinion, the delays that Barra announced don't translate to no deliveries until 2025 - it means that the second factory to ramp up deliveries further is being delayed - the existing factory is still producing Silverado EVs as planned.
They've only delivered fleet vehicles (18) it's not being delivered to actual customers until 2025 per GM.