Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving Someone in Car..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could swear that Elon recently responded to somebody about this issue, and said that they would update the cars so that things don't shutdown when the driver exits but you leave a passenger in the vehicle. But I can't find it right now.

21D0974A-A9B4-4798-A4A3-43AE03FF810C.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike and JDOC
Last night I used camp mode for the first time while attending a historic narrow boat event (rather than sleeping onboard in a tiny cramped cabin).

A very comfortable night - front seats remained in their normal positions (I’m 5’10”) including easy entry but there was still room for a full length sleeping bag & foam base, climate at 16C, fan at the lowest setting & the car remained free of condensation. Battery loss was -4%.

It’s a very good feature and I’ll definitely use it again.

IMG_6703.JPG

Reactions: GT_M3 and doats1
Last night I used camp mode for the first time while attending a historic narrow boat event (rather than sleeping onboard in a tiny cramped cabin).

A very comfortable night - front seats remained in their normal positions (I’m 5’10”) including easy entry but there was still room for a full length sleeping bag & foam base, climate at 16C, fan at the lowest setting & the car remained free of condensation. Battery loss was -4%.

It’s a very good feature and I’ll definitely use it again.

View attachment 960916
I guess easy with a Y - will be bit tight with a 3? Nice sleeping bag - any link?

I guess easy with a Y - will be bit tight with a 3? Nice sleeping bag - any link?
Yes you’re right about the Model Y, it’s got plenty of height and width and I’ll probably never use a tent again while I own the Tesla.

I’ve had the sleeping bag since 2006 and it has been used for numerous music festivals & for canal boating etc. It’s ‘one and a half’ size so very comfortable (always used with a washable liner) but I can’t recall where it originally came from., sorry.

Reactions: spdpsba
With front seat moved forward you can get 2 metres in a Model 3.
I took his comment to refer to the overall space where laying out the sleeping bag and generally moving around is easy including exiting via either rear door or the boot (which I did at one point using the app to open it).

I've camped a lot over the years and the Y is a much nicer experience than any one or two man tent, even if a Tesla didn't have a means to control the temperature.

I also forgot to add in my original post that I am grateful to the thread here for advice about locking with the screen, not phone so I stretched forward to do that once I was ready to sleep.

Last edited:
Dog mode... we use it all the time with our 3 year old who regularly arrives home asleep in his car seat. The internal camera is fantastic to monitor him waking up. Be aware that there's a daily restriction on how long you can stream the internal camera before it will tell you that you've used up all your data.