Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let Tesla know what features or tech the Roadster should have to make it even more awesome?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
track credibility is very important. if i were elon, i'd hire randy probst, chris harris and Walter Röhrl to help tune the suspension. sub 7 minute ring times are crucial too. tires, battery cooling and even braking are also huge concerns for me. i'd also need some sort of automatic fire extinguisher system and roll cage.

Sounds like my list. The 0-60 is out of this world but in order to justify $200K I'm going to need to be able to actually use that performance, including being legal on drag strip and being able to put down laps at Laguna Seca.

Provide at least three regen levels, with at least one setting which is much more powerful than the present Model S and which brings the car to a complete stop. In addition, provide a regen paddle by the steering wheel - but, unlike the Bolt paddle, have regen be proportional to the distance the paddle is pulled.

Provide at least three regen levels, with at least one setting which is much more powerful than the present Model S and which brings the car to a complete stop. In addition, provide a regen paddle by the steering wheel - but, unlike the Bolt paddle, have regen be proportional to the distance the paddle is pulled.
I disagree. I think that having the brake pedal do braking and the other pedal control regen up to the maximum that works safely is perfect. Who needs paddles?

Room to move my right foot to the right of the accelerator pedal, which would mean a gap under the console, in order to relax long legs.

Non-leather seats with tough upholstery that is as good as BMW, meaning showing little to no wear after years of use.

An optional classic and sporty steering wheel in place of a yoke.

The stying is good, but needs a little something extra to add an exotic flair, but I am not sure how to achieve that. I like the small rear seats.

Reactions: Colasec
I want to see a smart speeder mode.

Here in Florida, you have to be at least 6 mph over the posted speed limit to receive a ticket/citation. I want my roaster to have a mode where it won't exceed the speed limit + 5 unless I press an override button.

I also want a choose your G's mode. Let me decide how many seconds for 0 to 60 should be enabled. More seconds equals less G's. Would be great if this option is dialed in 10ths of a second.

I've heard some rumblings about electric cars having to emit a sound at low speeds starting in 2019. I want to be able to provide my own sound track. Might be 007, might be the ice cream truck song. Just let me pick my own sounds.

I've heard some rumblings about electric cars having to emit a sound at low speeds starting in 2019. I want to be able to provide my own sound track. Might be 007, might be the ice cream truck song. Just let me pick my own sounds.
See the existing threads please:
Should EVs Make Artificial Sounds at Low Speeds?
NHTSA sets 'Quiet Car' safety standard to protect pedestrians
so as not to beat the same subject to death yet again. Bottom line is that the regulation doesn't allow you to choose/alter the noise.

A track-ready "Roadster GT" version with expanded cooling capability for battery & motor. Integrated maps of popular racetracks with ideal race line recommendations that can be compared against the actual line being driven, displayed in realtime via HUD. Start a Roadster GT amateur racing series.

Beyond what we already know, my primary concern is track capability. This won't be my track-day car, but I want to know it can perform for a few sessions without any surprises. CCBs as we've seen on the prototype is a good start.

I'd like to see a much bigger selection of colors. Right now, you can only get a new Tesla painted Red, Blue, or one of five different shades of gray. A car that goes 250+ mph should be available in some louder colors.

I agree. And quite frankly, at the Roadster’s price, the paint quality should be better — even if it’s a paid option. Like, you should be able to get something that’s the same caliber as the $10k brilliant silver paint job on the alpha prototype Model 3.

Convertible hard top

upload_2018-5-4_17-17-16.png

Elon Musk on Twitter

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-4_17-17-16.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-4_17-17-16.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: ICUDoc
I would suggest to add a surrounding network of sensors build into the area of the wheel wells showing concrete obstacles in the dashboard, I have 21” rims on my MS as I do not like the 19” as much, I occasionally do damage these when driving into parkings....think the rims on the Roadster will be pretty but damage quick as well.