Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets see your garage!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd go for just black/red, no grey, but similar layout.
How hard are they to keep clean when you get snow/salt/dirt/etc from the car?
How did you do the edges near walls and the garage door? I want to do this, but am waiting for the wife to get with the Tesla program.

The garage is mine, it has an 11 kW socket (not in use at that moment).

The Munich Tesla Store kindly lent me their P85+, I believe they said it was the first Tesla registered in Germany.

Like my own car it had to be parked in reverse with the passenger side fairly close to the wall, to allow the driver to enter and exit. I think that width of the garage is fairly common around here. I chose the depth of the shelves to give me a 10cm clearance to the rear.

Apologies for the extremely poor quality of the photo.

Attachments

• P85+_garage.jpg
    P85+_garage.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: OBX John
I had an epoxy floor in my last garage (I did it), when it would get wet from rain/snow on the cars, it became so slippery you'd almost die...

I'm thinking of doing this:

Nitro Tiles™ - High Quality Easy To Install Garage Tiles
I wish I could do something like that, especially since I don't have to worry about oil drips anymore. But I need to be able to clean the mud and melted snow off the floor so tiles wouldn't work. I used to put pieces of vinyl flooring under my cars but the moisture would get under it and caused mildew. So now that I don't have to worry about oil drips I just go with plain old concrete so that I can hose out the mud periodically. It's a garage: doesn't have to be pretty.

I'm in the process of cleaning and setting up the garage for the Tesla - I've just got a coat of primer on my previously bare wood walls. Thinking I need to go with a tan paint since my car will be white. The box on the bottom left is the Tesla connector, I think I'm going to wait until I get the car to mount it - not sure if it should be on that post or the front wall of garage.

full

For you guys that had someone install a tile floor like the ones shown in the pictures in this thread, what did it cost? I just had a garage guy come out who is going to fix up my garage, and he said the tile flooring exactly like what you guys have would be about $2,800 (including installation) for a standard size two-car garage. Does that sound high or a good price? The tiles he showed me looked just like those Nitro tiles linked earlier in the thread.

If you're reasonably handy you can do the snap-together tiles in a few hours. They are very simple to install on any decent concrete floor. Costs vary from about 2.50/sqft to 5/sqft depending on what quality of tiles you use. I'm doing mine shortly with GarageDeck tiles which are 2.15/sqft plus some more for the edging pieces.

I just finished my garage upgrade to my 760 sq. ft. 4-car garage. I was considering going with epoxy or alternatives, but the nightmare stories of it pulling up from tires heat or other reasons dissuaded me. Additionally, I would have had to move everything out of my garage in order to treat the floor and I just didn't want to deal with that. It was easier to move things around and do it one section at a time.

Paint and supplies: $400
Racedeck flooring: $2287 ($3037 without discount code)
Cabinets: $2149 (on sale from $3499)

I still have a little more organizing to do, but we can at least park our cars in it again! :)

IMG_0275.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0278.JPG

I used a local company here in the Bay Area for the cabinets and floors. The floor is rock solid and won't chip or peel. The company first sands the cement to open the pores. Then they apply the undercoat and spread out the flakes to give it depth and texture. After a couple of days of drying, they applied a heavy coat of clear polyurethane, which is hard and won't be damaged by wheels turning on it.

I had the same company also install my cabinets. I opted for 1" shelves since I have heavy items in the cabinets and didn't want the shelves to bow over time.

My contractor friend took care of the heavy lifting (the attic, electrical, insulation, drywall, etc. )

I'm in the Bay Area too. Mind letting me know the name of the local company and how much it cost?

For you guys that had someone install a tile floor like the ones shown in the pictures in this thread, what did it cost? I just had a garage guy come out who is going to fix up my garage, and he said the tile flooring exactly like what you guys have would be about $2,800 (including installation) for a standard size two-car garage. Does that sound high or a good price? The tiles he showed me looked just like those Nitro tiles linked earlier in the thread.

Seems cheap actually. You can price the tiles yourself depending on which manufacturer you go with (for example, I used these: Sears.com. ) Average cost per tile is about $2.50-5/per sq ft. For your garage, assuming 40x20x$5.00 = $4000. Somehow you would be getting a pretty nice savings if using this brand. Install time wise, 2 installers could easily do in 2-4 hours.

I paid roughly $1,300 for my floor but that was discounted since I had purchase the cabinets from the same company.

I used racedeck tiles. They were easy to install and work well. Be aware that the white tiles will stain. If they get direct sun they will expand and raise up but will go back down. I had to put pads on regular jack stands but a roller jack works without any damage. Overall I an happy with them.
View attachment 205961
Forget about the tiles; let's talk about what's on the lift!