Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets start calling ice cars Burners

Ice car or burner?

• Ice car

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Burner

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

Reactions: BarnabySydney
Calling a car a burner also has a slightly negative connotation, even though burning limited supplies of fossil fuels is exactly what ice cars do. The term may not work in every conversation but it should in most.

And if people feel slightly less good about driving around in a fossil fueled burner and that helps to accelerate everyone's transition to electric vehicles that will be a good thing.

I hope I am not about to pop your cherry when I inform you that EVs are consuming electricity that is 83% derived from non-renewable sources.

This makes EVs 83% burners, by your own definition.
I hope you feel "less good" about driving your Tesla now.

Cheers!

outlet-graph-large.jpg

Electricity in the U.S. - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Reactions: jrcase and holmgang
....and what is that thing on the top of a stove then?

hobs!

Trees are renewable. They should be burning trees, not oil. ;)
oil is generated from kerogen. kerogen is composed in part of trees and other woody material.
oil is, therefore, renewable. it just takes millions of years to renew it :)

So you want to shame people who don’t want to or, maybe, just maybe, cannot afford an EV?

Cool plan, bro.

I guess you can take almost anything and turn it around and find a negative side to it.

The term is not about shaming. It is a word which more than any other I've heard describes what gas and diesel burning cars do.

The early ten or so votes on this thread were two thirds burner and one third ice car.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
I guess you can take almost anything and turn it around and find a negative side to it.

The term is not about shaming. It is a word which more than any other I've heard describes what gas and diesel burning cars do.

The early ten or so votes on this thread were two thirds burner and one third ice car.

You’re being elitist. And it’s not a good look.

We have a word for things that carry people from destination to destination using 4 wheels. They are called cars. No need to introduce additional descriptors and try to make it a “thing”.

Reactions: BarnabySydney