Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets start calling ice cars Burners

Ice car or burner?

• Ice car

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Burner

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past few weeks my son and I have been referring to ice cars as burners and it just seems to fit into any conversation better.

Referring to a car as an ice car, or in plural ice cars, is somewhat awkward as it requires two words and, even though it is clever, sometimes requires explanation. But referring to an ice car as a burner never requires explanation.

Calling a car a burner also has a slightly negative connotation, even though burning limited supplies of fossil fuels is exactly what ice cars do. The term may not work in every conversation but it should in most.

And if people feel slightly less good about driving around in a fossil fueled burner and that helps to accelerate everyone's transition to electric vehicles that will be a good thing.

Anyway just throwing this out there. The term certainly works here.

It’s a car. Who cares what it runs on if the person who drives it is happy?

This ivory tower superiority complex is ridiculous.

if people feel slightly less good about driving around in a fossil fueled burner and that helps to accelerate everyone's transition to electric vehicles that will be a good thing.

Yes let’s pressure people with safe and functional cars to spend more than they should on cars that might be worse for their life situation, just to make people stop bullying them. No way could that backfire.

For the past few weeks my son and I have been referring to ice cars as burners and it just seems to fit into any conversation better.

Referring to a car as an ice car, or in plural ice cars, is somewhat awkward as it requires two words and, even though it is clever, sometimes requires explanation. But referring to an ice car as a burner never requires explanation.

Calling a car a burner also has a slightly negative connotation, even though burning limited supplies of fossil fuels is exactly what ice cars do. The term may not work in every conversation but it should in most.

And if people feel slightly less good about driving around in a fossil fueled burner and that helps to accelerate everyone's transition to electric vehicles that will be a good thing.

Anyway just throwing this out there. The term certainly works here.

Umm what?!