Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still not open to the general public, even via charitable donation.
Still not open to the general public, even via charitable donation.

Access to these lower rates for the general public are drying up.

National average new car loan rate for 60 months is 4.8%. I expect 5% soon but guess we’ll see.

I agree. I applied at Lightstream late last week and I received a depressing 4.19% rate secured loan even with excellent credit with a 820+ FICO score. This happened while I was actually getting the lowest possible APR on other banks and CUs. I don't even want to attempt their Rate Beat program anymore after they offered the highest (and I think unfair) rate I ever gotten in years.

Reactions: RunMadM3
I agree. I applied at Lightstream late last week and I received a depressing 4.19% rate secured loan even with excellent credit with a 820+ FICO score. This happened while I was actually getting the lowest possible APR on other banks and CUs. I don't even want to attempt their Rate Beat program anymore after they offered the highest (and I think unfair) rate I ever gotten in years.
You gotta shop around. Check out this members handy spreadsheet
Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

You gotta shop around. Check out this members handy spreadsheet
Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

+1. I also got a pretty high rate from LightStream initially. If you think about it ... LightStream has to offset the cost of their Rate Beat program somehow ...

Question for folks who financed and picked up your car.

Is it ok if the check amount given by the CU is greater than the amount due to Tesla? The check is written/printed in Tesla's and my name together.
The additional amount is considered a donation to Tesla but you can write off in your taxes.
Seriously though, you’ll get a check from Tesla for the difference.

• Funny
Reactions: debuggr
On mobile now, does anyone know what the quickest way to contact/loan match with lightstream? Do I just e-mail them with the pre-approval letter and that's it?
This is the response I received when I asked about rate matching:

In order to be considered for the Rate Beat Program, you will need to provide an official approval document (not in email format), showing the same loan purpose, loan amount, loan terms, and same payment method (invoice or auto pay).

Please review the Rate Beat Program website for more information
Rate Beat

If you would like to be considered, please reply to this email with the official approval document.

Some people have been able to use pre-approval documentation to get the rate match but for the most part they require an actual approval.

The email address is [email protected]