Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine will be coming off and probably only be used to go into Canada. I am glad I have it, but like @RossRAllen am not totally convinced the license itself is not blocking airflow to the point where there could be an overheating problem. Also, there is the possibility that anything out there could affect the radar. However, I will have it in the frunk for when it is needed.

We appreciate your inquiry — Creating a Model S Refresh Law bracket would definitely be worth consideration. We'll pass it along to
our engineering team to see what they can do. We will need to bring a refreshed Model S into the shop in order to confirm fitment of The Law, but this will be the first place we announce any new accessories!

Any news on a Model S Refresh Law bracket? Are you in need of a vehicle to confirm fitment?

Can you confirm that the Law is compatible with HW 2.0 and does not interfere with the active cooling of the MX?
Then - it could look like this (on a HW 1.0 ):

Attachments

• CH KFZ Kennzeichen Tesla X.jpg
    CH KFZ Kennzeichen Tesla X.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
  1. I have installed the front license plates without drilling any holes. I used couple of toggle bolts, threaded rod cut to length, covered with heat shrink tubing and soldered nuts on one end. Cost me $5. If anyone interested, I can post pictures and some detailed instructions.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 130
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 130
  1. I have installed the front license plates without drilling any holes. I used couple of toggle bolts, threaded rod cut to length, covered with heat shrink tubing and soldered nuts on one end. Cost me $5. If anyone interested, I can post pictures and some detailed instructions.
Pure genius. I love it. You have inspired me to start/create a note in my iCloud notepad of the best Posts on TMC and yours is the first one I put on there so I can reference back to it later.

Hi,can you share details of the exact parts used. It looks like a wing nut secured to the grill with a bolt holding onto the plate. Is there any vibration? And does the top of plate rub against bumper? Appreciate you looking at other options :)

No vibration. I have it on for over a month. You got the parts list right and is available from home depot. You need to do some tinkering with the rod. You can buy it from me otherwise. This solution works for me very well and other solutions are quite expensive for the purpose they are serving. Plate holder which is made out of soft plastic touches the bumper. So no issues there.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to just glue the Tesla bracket on with double sided tape rather than drill 3 holes in the bumper? As I understand it, the Model S facelift is doing it this way. Unfortunately, I suspect it's just not that easy for Model X's bracket, but maybe someone knows for sure that this would not work?

If you clean and prep correctly and use the same tape, it should work. Back in the day, that's how a lot of side skirts and front lips were installed with no issues.

Refresh bumpers are drilled though I think
model-s-facelift-bjorn-e1460931788710.png