Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 year anniversary today!

51,985.4 mi
16,976.7 kWh total energy
327 Wh/mi lifetime

Forgot to grab the stats before I took an 8.2 mile drive during which I logged 371 Wh/mi since it was so cooooold....

/Ed

PS: 23k miles in my first year but things have slowed down since:
1.) my wife got her Model S which has a B-battery and more comfortable seats
2.) my commute got halved

Tesla Dash 1-7-16.JPG

I know wrong thread, but I wish I had the old firmware. I test drove my CPO with old firmware, signed papers and by the time I picked it up, Tesla had "upgraded" it to 7. I really preferred pre 7.0. I wish they could provide skin kits, but of course make things better otherwise.
Agreed. Pre-V7 was so much better looking and safer too. The low contrast turns the great display into the same kind of poor readability that other cars have. One of the great things about a Tesla was that the display could be read easily in every lighting condition, now there are many where it can't be read at all and others where you have to really look at the display for a long time to get the information that should be available at a glance. Taking your eyes of the road for a long time is unsafe.

I do not know how to get a decent picture of the 17" screen, they always come out blurry now.

As Brass Guy said, use "Day Mode" to get a brighter screen. Most cameras (including cameras in phones) can focus better on brighter images. Also, sometimes there is a problem focusing when the camera is too close to the image. Try taking the picture at a greater distance and then crop the image before posting. Most phones include this feature in their photo "editing."

Got a question re basis for rated range. In wk057's battery capacity thread, I've seen US car's Rated range is based on 310Wh/mile.

So far I have learned:
Single motor car US rated range: 300Wh/mile
Single motor car EU typical range: 320Wh/mile
Single motor car JP typical range: 320Wh/mile

So with dual motor cars, the basis of Rated/Typical has been standardized to 310Wh/mile?

For people who doesn't know the Euro/JP differences: In EU and JP, Rated range is closer to US Ideal, and Typical range is closer to US Rated.