Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just drove from eureka to Folsom supercharger and back. My average dropped from 391 to closer to 381 @7200 mi. Driving on i5 going 70-75 I was getting better than rated :) traffic is nice. We don't have that up here.

I met someone that had 16000 miles on his P since the end of December!! (160 mile round trip everyday:eek:) and was close to rated ideal I think

Last edited:
So I have 4419 miles, 1667 kWh, 377 wh/m over the life of the car (B never reset). I received the car In Sept and i am in Virginia. I suspect two things are affecting this and making it somewhat different: first from Sept to now we went through winter, from Sept temperate 70's into cold down to 30's and rare 20's. Not brutal cold but chilly. Second I have a roadster so the charging is intermittent, even 3-5 days in between and rarely out to 2 weeks without charge. So the vampire load is a significant chunk. My typical drive is 12 miles each way to work every day. I look forward to a huge reduction in the offline load some day, the roadster is much better behaved.

View attachment 19572

Hi All,

This looks like a cool thread, can I join?

I got my Model S on the 17 of March. It's a blue Performance edition with 21" wheels.

Nearly all of my miles are from my daily commute from PA to MD. I'd say about 2/3 of the drive is in MD (down 83). Temps have been on the cold side for this area, however, things have been warming up.

BTW: I'll remember to kill the flash next month..

Mine is identical to your. Except I only have 1,400 miles.

Just hit 10,000 miles today, last reset the A trip-meter a bit over 7500 miles ago, showing average of 364 Wh/mi over 7623.4 miles. P85, 21", mostly mild weather semi-hilly driving in NC. About the only way I can get below 300 Wh/mi is to stay off the freeway to keep the speed down (such as how I was driving this AM and got 286 Wh/mi over 22.6 miles.)

10000mi.jpg

Data update for end of April.
P 85, 21" wheels

For the last month:
Temp between 30 F to 70 F
1321 mi , 454 kWh, 344 Wh/mi

overall since feb 17th including a mix of 19" and 21" and cold temperatures:
3086 mi, 1124 kWh, 364 Wh/mi

The Wh/mi improve a lot as the temperature raises.

Last edited:
Great numbers, but you don't drive much.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

Thanks. No I definitely drive less than most. 600 miles per month is actually higher than my 6 years with the Prius. We are definitely taking the MS more as a couple than we did the Prius. And, I am definitely volunteering for more "spouse directed errands" as an excuse to drive the car.:smile:

The numbers are from slow driving and increasing temps. I need more data but I seriously doubt that I could get rated (304kWh/mi?) if I were commuting daily on an interstate. My guess at this point would be I'd be averaging more like 310-330 in that scenario.