Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My data.
P3D+:
First 10517 miles with OEM 20" wheels and 235/35R20 PS4S tires: 235.8 Wh/mi
Now on 18" wheels with 235/45R18 PS4S tires and 2674 miles: 224.3 Wh/mi

Driving conditions limited by Southern California (LA/Orange County) traffic.

It’s amazing how low wh/mile some p3d+ are seeing. I could maybe get that low on mine...but I’d have to drive less than speed limit and not the speed of traffic lol and I guess level roads, no heat and no ac. ABRP estimates 293 wh/mile @65mph with the 20’s.

Reactions: MattUNI
It’s amazing how low wh/mile some p3d+ are seeing. I could maybe get that low on mine...but I’d have to drive less than speed limit and not the speed of traffic lol and I guess level roads, no heat and no ac. ABRP estimates 293 wh/mile @65mph with the 20’s.

Agreed. I was pumped the day I managed to crack under 300. I do have to climb into and out of a valley everyday though so that proabably eats up just as much as my fun times.

My data.
P3D+:
First 10517 miles with OEM 20" wheels and 235/35R20 PS4S tires: 235.8 Wh/mi
Now on 18" wheels with 235/45R18 PS4S tires and 2674 miles: 224.3 Wh/mi

Driving conditions limited by Southern California (LA/Orange County) traffic.

Wow, can you take a picture of your trip meter?? That 235.8 WH/mi on 20" wheels are insane unless all you're doing is local trips with no highway driving?

Wow, can you take a picture of your trip meter?? That 235.8 WH/mi on 20" wheels are insane unless all you're doing is local trips with no highway driving?

Since you are in SoCal, I am sure you are familiar with the 105. My commute it effectively from one end to the other and back. I blend in with traffic in the carpool lane. In the morning traffic moves about 70 mph at 4:45 a.m. In the afternoon traffic moves at 35-40 at 2:45 p.m. No AC in morning. AC set to 70 in the afternoon. Car is set to chill mode to prevent the 0-60 in 3.2 sec, although I have done it occasionally in sport mode.

I have learned to drive EVs efficiently coming from a LEAF with a severely degraded battery. That is, maintain as much momentum as possible by minimizing sudden/slight changes in direction. Minimize use of brakes by anticipating slow downs/stops. Etc.
IMG_5153 - Copy 2.jpg

I put this together quickly. There are a lot of blanks so it would be nice to have the data cleaned up. This isn't directly linked to the data source above, but would be nice to do that and have it updated continuously. Open to ideas - I think once we have more mileage reports it would be nice to put mileage into specified buckets to determine how higher mileage affects wh/mi.

Power BI Report

If anyone knows how to embed in this forum let me know and I can do that.

Right? I was thinking the same. I bought the P3D- to have fun. :p Even if it means accelerating up to 25mph but very quickly. I step on it every chance I get. So needless to say, my lifetime is at 309. Only reason it isn't higher is once I'm at the speed limit (or around it of course), I just cruise and I'm very good at never using my brakes.