Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted Tesla T for nosecone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I completed my install last evening. It looks wonderful. It was a little time consuming, wanted to make sure I did not break anything. If I had to do another it would be a lot quicker. The kit that artsci is making should be a snap to install by anyone with basic mechanic skills. I just connected to my parking light wire so the T will be on with parking lights and headlights. I left extra wire so I could change the connection should I wish to do so in the future and add the remote control feature.

THANKS artsci for taking this on and coming up with such a professional result this looks factory.

I completed my install last evening. It looks wonderful. It was a little time consuming, wanted to make sure I did not break anything. If I had to do another it would be a lot quicker. The kit that artsci is making should be a snap to install by anyone with basic mechanic skills. I just connected to my parking light wire so the T will be on with parking lights and headlights. I left extra wire so I could change the connection should I wish to do so in the future and add the remote control feature.

THANKS artsci for taking this on and coming up with such a professional result this looks factory.
Did you happen to take photos of exactly which wire you spliced into? Will be helpful for those of us hoping to DIY this mod in a few weeks.

Still waiting

Sadly, I have the light already to go but the car has been in the shop since last Thursday. Battery fault error and they can't still figure out what's going on. As soon as I get it back, will do the install. Most likely this weekend. I also want to tie the lighted nosecone into the headlights. Any specific details will be most appreciated.

The lift gate T and arch went to PCS Engineering today for scanning and 3D printing of the underlying pieces that will hold the LEDs. Then the 3D pieces will go to Oznium's Hong Kong factory for fabrication of a custom diamond LED PCB. It will be set up just like the front T but we're planning to rig it so the it lights in red and turns even brighter red when the brakes are applied. At least that's my plan. Any other opinions about colors, etc?

All -

Saw artsci today and he installed my lighted "T" - looks amazing!

IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1627.jpg

Aaron

SUPRKAR,

I'm a tester too, I was wondering how you found your parking/headlight wire. I'm thinking of doing the same, but not 100% sure. I'm planning on doing it this week (I just got the kit yesterday cuz I'm in Canada).

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

All -

Saw artsci today and he installed my lighted "T" - looks amazing!

View attachment 35751View attachment 35752

Aaron

Looks great Aaron!

I'm curious, as the "true" Tesla road tripper, how much mileage do you have on your beast by now? :)

SUPRKAR,

I'm a tester too, I was wondering how you found your parking/headlight wire. I'm thinking of doing the same, but not 100% sure. I'm planning on doing it this week (I just got the kit yesterday cuz I'm in Canada).

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great Aaron!

I'm curious, as the "true" Tesla road tripper, how much mileage do you have on your beast by now? :)

Zax123

After today's 200 mile r/t jaunt to the Philly area, that would be about 20,600 miles!

Aaron

- - - Updated - - -

Great to meet you today Aaron! Looks awesome - was hard to see it in action during the day.

Sam

Thanks for hosting us and thanks for the charge! So happy you had an HPWC and so happy I had the second charger installed on Monday!

Aaron

The parking light wire is located on either side of the car. I removed the plastic cover along the drivers side, you can see the headlight assembly and the plug. The parking light wire is the first wire on the bottom row of the connector as you are looking down at the connector facing the car. The color wire is red with white stripe. Hope this helps. If you get stuck PM me and I will send you a picture

The parking light wire is located on either side of the car. I removed the plastic cover along the drivers side, you can see the headlight assembly and the plug. The parking light wire is the first wire on the bottom row of the connector as you are looking down at the connector facing the car. The color wire is red with white stripe. Hope this helps. If you get stuck PM me and I will send you a picture

Thanks