Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Like-new 2017 Model S & Model Xs for sale or long-term rental/lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He is in Colorado and gets $5,000 state rebate. He is not doing it for profit, he is doing it for referral to get a free Roadster and/or a trip to space. He is just making expenses/overhead and passing the savings to the buyer/leaser. His inventory cars are probably also on Turo since mileage goes up after he bought from Tesla.

This is a pretty accurate assessment. I've really enjoyed going to the various reveal events and meeting many awesome people connected to Telsa. I do want to support Elon and the vision of sustainable transportation sooner than later. I was able to get to a free Roadster on this promotion and honestly if I just get to drive in one of those and everything else is a break-even, I'll look at this venture as a major success. Maybe we can even go a step or two beyond. I'm sure there's plenty of days when my wife would support a one-way trip to Mars referral prize. It would be tempting for sure...

• Funny
Reactions: Pollux and morrisdl
All businesses have to make a profit and this one is no different. Look at the sample lease with an option to buy, there's plenty of profit there.

It can be OK depending on how you finance it. If you don't ever have to worry about financing costs, then yes there is some profit. US Bank/Tesla money factor is 5% but that only applies to the financed amount. We pay for the entire Tesla. The idea with our buyout is that we drop the purchase price by $5k upfront and then match the US Bank residual by the end, so it artificially looks like there is more profit. Then at the end, we lower the buyout price by another $2,500 below US Bank's so there is additional value for our customers if they'd like to own it or even flip it. If you didn't subtract the $5k upfront, it wouldn't appear to be as profitable. Also, there's a big difference between it looking decent in a spreadsheet if everything goes according to plan and then what actually happens. You have to reserve most of your "profit" to cover stuff that will likely happen in the future like repairs and defaults, etc. Then you have marketing costs and operational costs and overhead. So yeah...time will tell.

• Informative
Reactions: morrisdl
For all those who have pinged me recently, here are all the Teslas we have available in inventory currently.

Most of them have some really nice adjustments and include hard to find Model S&X 75Ds and Model X 90Ds. Let me know if you see something on this list that interests you. I can also provide you a Buy it price if you prefer.

Otherwise, if you send me your ideal Tesla configuration, I'll try to find you something that meets your spec and has a nice adjustment.

Thanks for all the interest and support TMC! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!
Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.46.36 PM.png

Two other things I wanted to mention...my current and future inventory listings will be posted on a popular inventory website sometime soon, so I wanted to make sure TMC members had the first dibs. Also, if you do end up doing a subscription with us, we are offering our customers a Model 3 2018 priority delivery option for each Kilocar subscription they do.

We have reached an arrangement with Tesla, so we can now officially offer this to our customers. More details on the Model 3 subscriptions will be forthcoming.

Dang. The criteria is that I could actually afford that one :)

Good news, I think I found something for you that hopefully fits your budget really well. It's an 2017 Obsidian Black MS 75 RWD with EAP, Premium Interior & Glass Roof.

It's got an $8k adjustment, so the purchase price is $75,300 before the tax credit or $67,800 once you factor in the tax credit. Not to rush your decision process, but I've seen these fly out of inventory, so I want to make sure you have the chance to lock it up if you want it.

Feel free to message me for ordering details.

Thx, JD

For all those who have pinged me recently, here are all the Teslas we have available in inventory currently.

Most of them have some really nice adjustments and include hard to find Model S&X 75Ds and Model X 90Ds. Let me know if you see something on this list that interests you. I can also provide you a Buy it price if you prefer.

Otherwise, if you send me your ideal Tesla configuration, I'll try to find you something that meets your spec and has a nice adjustment.

Thanks for all the interest and support TMC! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!
View attachment 268072

I'm interested in the Model S - 85199. Can you PM me the details of the car?

Good news, I think I found something for you that hopefully fits your budget really well. It's an 2017 Obsidian Black MS 75 RWD with EAP, Premium Interior & Glass Roof.

It's got an $8k adjustment, so the purchase price is $75,300 before the tax credit or $67,800 once you factor in the tax credit. Not to rush your decision process, but I've seen these fly out of inventory, so I want to make sure you have the chance to lock it up if you want it.

Feel free to message me for ordering details.

Thx, JD
Thanks for thinking of me, but I was looking more for a Model X. We have a Model 3 reservation, but more want a SUV sized car :)

I’m posing this question as it seems a number of this types of subscription services are popping up.

How does your “subscription” model differ from the company ev-CPO just partnered with?

They seem to offer flexible terms and alternatives to closed end leasing as well as leasing CPO cars. Do you offer high mileage besides 15k?

It’s an interesting business model nonetheless. Maybe one of these will work for our next lease.

Attachments

• D20FA57A-7906-4248-8FC7-E7A393E76F69.png
    D20FA57A-7906-4248-8FC7-E7A393E76F69.png
    339.7 KB · Views: 66
I’m posing this question as it seems a number of this types of subscription services are popping up.

How does your “subscription” model differ from the company ev-CPO just partnered with?

They seem to offer flexible terms and alternatives to closed end leasing as well as leasing CPO cars. Do you offer high mileage besides 15k?

It’s an interesting business model nonetheless. Maybe one of these will work for our next lease.

Thanks for posting it. I didn't know about the lease on EV-CPO and the unlimited mileage lease is interesting. However, I still would consider Kilocar since he's a forum member and is always communicating on this channel if mileage is not an issue.