Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a blue Tesla a couple of times on the M2 and around Macquarie Park. In fact, I was behind one at the Christie Rd exit at the lights a few weeks ago around 9AM. I've also seen a white one in the carpark at the complex I work in.

One more sleep to go! It feels like Christmas Eve when I was a kid.

Very lucky indeed... unlike me that has to wait until November. I saw a Tesla with Q1000 on their number plate yesterday here in Brisbane while here for work. I can't wait... I didn't get up close and personal, but as mine will be white it is good to see it outside and not under neon lights. :)

You will have to document your first few days.

Congrats Funhouse!!

Today is the big day, let us know how you go and welcome to the Tesla family :)

Thank you Timpoo and everyone else.

What a day! I woke up at 4AM and was unable to get back to sleep, so spent a few hours rereading the online manual. Went down to St Leonards as planned, and drove away at 11 and headed to the motor registry to get my plates out of storage. Got home and my daughter arrived home and wanted to go for a ride. So off we went and a few km later I could hear a ticking sound from one of the tyres which varied with speed. I was hoping it was a rock, but when we got home and I checked it, I'd managed to pick up a tek screw straight into the tyre. I called Tesla and they suggested to come back. The tyre had stayed inflated, so I headed back. They don't do repairs, only replacements, so half an hour and $550 later I was on my way again. I've now lost 3 tyres over the years to b@#dy tek screws.

I was able to test out the TACC on the M2 in stop start traffic coming home. It's a weird feeling when you first try it, but once you get used it, it's very impressive.

Tomorrow I'm picking up my Mum from my sisters to take her home to the central coast. My sister and Mum know I'm getting the Tesla, but don't know I got it today, so it should be a surprise for them when I turn up in it.

Anyway, even with the tyre problem, it's been a blast and a most memorable day. Tesla were fantastic at handover, and in getting the tyre quickly replaced. The car is everything and more that I remember from the test drive, and most people who've seen it comment on how nice the colour is.

That'll do for the moment, I'm going to try and catch up on some missed sleep, but I also has some Tesla moments today as well. I'll save that for another post.
Phil

Thank you Timpoo and everyone else.

What a day! I woke up at 4AM and was unable to get back to sleep, so spent a few hours rereading the online manual. Went down to St Leonards as planned, and drove away at 11 and headed to the motor registry to get my plates out of storage. Got home and my daughter arrived home and wanted to go for a ride. So off we went and a few km later I could hear a ticking sound from one of the tyres which varied with speed. I was hoping it was a rock, but when we got home and I checked it, I'd managed to pick up a tek screw straight into the tyre. I called Tesla and they suggested to come back. The tyre had stayed inflated, so I headed back. They don't do repairs, only replacements, so half an hour and $550 later I was on my way again. I've now lost 3 tyres over the years to b@#dy tek screws.

I was able to test out the TACC on the M2 in stop start traffic coming home. It's a weird feeling when you first try it, but once you get used it, it's very impressive.

Tomorrow I'm picking up my Mum from my sisters to take her home to the central coast. My sister and Mum know I'm getting the Tesla, but don't know I got it today, so it should be a surprise for them when I turn up in it.

Anyway, even with the tyre problem, it's been a blast and a most memorable day. Tesla were fantastic at handover, and in getting the tyre quickly replaced. The car is everything and more that I remember from the test drive, and most people who've seen it comment on how nice the colour is.

That'll do for the moment, I'm going to try and catch up on some missed sleep, but I also has some Tesla moments today as well. I'll save that for another post.
Phil

A very nice story indeed. So glad you are happy about the experience.... Many of us have been waiting so long for our cars and are currently expected to experience what you already have in September/October.

Can't wait to hear more of your first impressions and I hope you continue to love it.

Hey Timpoo, well done in keeping the spreadsheet at page 1 of this thread up to date. I am always referring to it. It's a nice resource to have at hand in estimating when your car is likely to go through the various stages, queue, vin, production, transit delivery. Also nice to know other Aussie options. So well done again.

Hey Timpoo, well done in keeping the spreadsheet at page 1 of this thread up to date. I am always referring to it. It's a nice resource to have at hand in estimating when your car is likely to go through the various stages, queue, vin, production, transit delivery. Also nice to know other Aussie options. So well done again.

No worries :)

It's always nice to see people's excitement build as they go through the different stages!

So, nearly up to the magical 100000!!!

Its still taking me a bit to think that my Model S is a a much more common car than my old 928. Porsche made around 61,000 928s from 1978-1995. My car - a 1990 928 GT, was one of 24 imported into the country.
I'd say that Tesla are doing pretty well. Mind you the list price on my GT in 1990 was $243k plus on road costs - and my house at the time cost me $160k. I'm still thankful to the first and second owners for taking the depreciation hit on it before me.