Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cloxxki

Aug 20, 2016
Rotterdam
Anyone interested to help list these items?
As an obcessed geek I won't sleep well until I've learned all the in-depths specs of the batteries and motors.
Now that I mention it, in all these many threads and articles, no-one seems to have mentioned motor- or battery power. Astonishing, with so many misconceptions and hype over 0-60 times.

If someone helps make the list and add info as it comes in, I can keep this OP updated.

So far I have:
- actual pack sizes and possible hidden capacity
- roof rack, aftermarket or stock?
- towing capability (why NOT provide it right away?)
- RWD motor peak power. And will front motor be the same unit?
- P versions, new rear motor?
- non-premium cars, all the same gimmicks such as screen operated mirror, glove compartment, air vents?
- How much range does SR and TR lose when foregoing the standard aero wheels? And the aero cap taken off?
- Do the mirrors fold in for close parking and how?
- How much weight does the premium package cost/save?

What else? Let's keep it to the car itself, not too location/cost specific.

Without the Premium Interior, how tinted is the rear glass? Is it the same in both trims (and the mention of tint in Premium listing is just referring to the center), or is it less-tinted in base?

Is the mentioned alternative seat color for only the Premium, or also Standard? (or only Standard? that seems least likely)

- Do the mirrors fold in for close parking and how?
Premium includes "auto dimming, power folding," which I'd take to mean power folding is not automatic, manual via button on the screen like everything else. I'd assume manual folding on Standard, can't imagine only the power version would fold at all

Does the user interface save driver profiles (seat, steering, mirror position, etc) like in the S?
Premium includes "Custom driver profiles" and mentions seats, steering, and side mirrors. Probably none in the Standard since only the mirrors would be powered.

For those that missed it, RandyS posted some a slightly more-detailed info in the Model 3 specs thread

Reactions: ViviV
As I said in the other thread, I suspect that the tow hitch will come along with the AWD.

Hmm, interesting speculation... I wouldn't be surprised at all, that's a natural pairing. And it would explain Elon's statement about how there will be a tow hitch available for the M3, while also explaining why it hasn't been listed yet.

Okay, if Musk's statement about AWD being cheaper than on the S holds true (which it better be, the S's motor is a lower volume / higher power motor (aka well more expensive)), and it comes with a tow hitch... I'm sold. I'd already been thinking about AWD for winter / gravel traction, and I'd been thinking about a tow hitch as well.

Why coupled with AWD? In my childhood our car (Kadett E Caravan) weighed barely half a Model 3, and we towed a loaded trailer with bikes on top. 130kph pedal to the metal in stead of 150kph.
Is FWD needed to safely tow, with such clever electronics?