Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

London Sales & Service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3660747861_c6b727f977.jpg

Was this one of the standard reds? If so, which one? I take it the color is off do the the lighting (and/or CCD response).

Here's a shot of it while still under wraps:

3661557172_719f50baa8.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like an interesting evening, shame to miss it. Also would've been nice to meet Mr Llewellyn!

I'm guessing that the paper brochure is the same as the one I picked up from the London Motor Expo from the description, with a break down of prices in £ for the car and extras in the middle.

The UK brochure (click to enlarge):

3662739372_f975fc8e74.jpg

3662739428_2fe71fb7ae.jpg

3662739486_853d84dbb8.jpg

Note the handwritten new price for the RHD model.

Note also that I suspect the upgrade price from a RHD model to a Sport is now wrong, as it would mean you are paying more than those who bought signature additions.

Last edited:
Dpeilow: Is it just me or is the british car-article reading public very critical of electric cars ? One of the commenters are our all-favorite Kent, but the others are also critical. And this matches with what has been said as comments on other articles about Tesla in british press. It might just be me being very sensitive though :)

Cobos

No you are probably correct. I call it the Clarkson effect.

I also think that outside of the die-hard greens, the G-Wizz also has a negative effect on the general public.

I'd be great if Tesla could give everyone in London a test drive, then attitudes would change.

No you are probably correct. I call it the Clarkson effect.

I also think that outside of the die-hard greens, the G-Wizz also has a negative effect on the general public.

I'd be great if Tesla could give everyone in London a test drive, then attitudes would change.
It might also just be that the people considering defending EVs in general and Tesla in particular don't bother to post at comment threads in the media. We do got the same amount of naysayers here in Norway, but some EV fan usually also answers so it seems more even.

Cobos

Actually when it comes to raising up cars, we call it a "lift" too.

No need to translate!

It seems to me from the descriptions that the Tesla store in London has an elevator to move cars between floors of the building. The workarea is apparently in the basement.

They do probably have lifts in the shop.

That's exactly it, although the workarea is not yet fitted out, it would seem (we are presuming the basement is going to be a work area and not just a store or more showroom space).

The elevator is in the glass cubicle you can see just to the right of the picture above.

It seems to me from the descriptions that the Tesla store in London has an elevator to move cars between floors of the building. The workarea is apparently in the basement.

They do probably have lifts in the shop.

You are right. I did not have (or process) all the info when I wrote that. :redface:
teslastore1.jpg

I guess the silver car on the right is on the mechanism to lower the car below street level.

I will point out though that freight elevators in the US are often called lifts when people elevators are not.

Last edited: