Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Londonderry NH Sales/Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Fiver

Apr 10, 2015
Utah
Since proposed Bedford location got squashed, here's a thread for the new proposed location.
screenshot-2022-12-03-at-3-56-58-pm-png.881107

Not sure why we need a supercharge site to be co-located with a service and sales site. It's literally under 5 miles from the suspected londonderry site to the manchester supercharger site (that is still, as of this writing, waiting for a transformer)
Never ever question additional superchargers, no matter where they are placed. More is always better.

Reactions: kayak1
Never ever question additional superchargers, no matter where they are placed. More is always better.
No. More is not always better. I've heard the Paramus NJ site is a 'zoo' with both supercharger and sale/service. Peabody ma would be worse nightmare than it currently is if they tried to jam in 8 charger stalls.

ok. edit to add: in general: more charging is better. in this case I think the primary purpose of the site should be service and sales. If charging fits on the site without degrading the service/sales, then fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tdreamer
They put chargers at service centers because users may need to charge to get back home. If you're going back to Maine, for instance, you aren't going to drive south to Londonderry just to drive back north again. There's also the issue of diagnosing DC charging issues, though they could probably just install a two-pedestal and one charger unit to get what they need there.

Reactions: Tdreamer
They put chargers at service centers because users may need to charge to get back home. If you're going back to Maine, for instance, you aren't going to drive south to Londonderry just to drive back north again. There's also the issue of diagnosing DC charging issues, though they could probably just install a two-pedestal and one charger unit to get what they need there.
Service centers frequently have a private supercharger that is often out of sight for such things. Dedham, MA has a private supercharger behind a fence for example, even though it has the 8 up front also for public use. Peabody has one in the facility I'm pretty sure (not outside).

Reactions: ewoodrick
They aren't saying "Hmm, we could put chargers at the service center, but then we won't be able to put any chargers nearby." They should have chargers at the service centers, AND chargers nearby. More chargers is always better.
Newer service centers are also putting L2 charging in place for vehicles in service and/or deliveries. Peabody has a bunch on the outside of the building (signed not for public use I believe). It looks like the preliminary plans for the South Burlington, VT service center that just popped up today here on TMC show suggest charging along the side of the building - probably L2 like Peabody, but it's too early to say for sure they are not superchargers.

Service centers frequently have a private supercharger that is often out of sight for such things. Dedham, MA has a private supercharger behind a fence for example, even though it has the 8 up front also for public use. Peabody has one in the facility I'm pretty sure (not outside).

I'll second this.

We had a service/delivery/charging location where I got my car. Delivery, service, and charging customers were always fighting over the spaces on a lot that you couldn't move around on. They closed the public charging eventually. A new Service/Delivery center opened up and they have no public Superchargers, although there are a few around back.

According to the NH Union MisLeader the developer for the Bedford service center has asked for another year to get the required building permit. WTF?
Interesting - maybe Tesla is working both sites before ultimately committing to one. Or maybe Tesla bailed on Bedford and another prominent EV maker is looking to capitalize on an approved permitted site?