Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Londonderry NH Sales/Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is exciting.

20240401_192034.jpg

Nope, just "in town" in comparison to Utah. I'm staged near the NH/Canadian border. (Off topic, but it's mayhem up here)

Can you share more.

I live 2hrs south and debating to drive up their tomorrow.
I live in the white mountains. My town is at 99%. I’m driving up to Newport VT. I saw this thing in 2017. Everyone should absolutely positively do whatever it takes to get completely in the shadow so you can look at it without glasses. It is the sickest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. @mswlogo charge that thing to 99% and hit the road. :)

If you see it at 98% or whatever it’s essentially zero percent. The partial eclipse is nothing compared to the full…nothing.

Nope, just "in town" in comparison to Utah. I'm staged near the NH/Canadian border. (Off topic, but it's mayhem up here)
How bad is it up there? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to find someplace just over the line to watch, or go further. A couple of friends are planning to drive up to Newport in the morning. I was thinking about going to Montreal to visit family. No idea how the border will be.

Reactions: phantasms
How bad is it up there? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to find someplace just over the line to watch, or go further. A couple of friends are planning to drive up to Newport in the morning. I was thinking about going to Montreal to visit family. No idea how the border will be.
NH and VT viewing of totality is literally near border with Canada. I am in N Conway now. I plan on going further up to Lancaster or St. johnsbury, VT.

Reactions: phantasms
I live in the white mountains. My town is at 99%. I’m driving up to Newport VT. I saw this thing in 2017. Everyone should absolutely positively do whatever it takes to get completely in the shadow so you can look at it without glasses. It is the sickest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. @mswlogo charge that thing to 99% and hit the road. :)

If you see it at 98% or whatever it’s essentially zero percent. The partial eclipse is nothing compared to the full…nothing.
100% agreed on this - I was in Jackman yesterday on the centerline of totality and there are no words for the experience. Moments before, it was like a giant hand turned a dimmer slowly down to off and then something magical appeared in the sky above.

Thanks for the nudge to go all the way! Although, in hindsight, I think the people who stopped at 91 rest areas just inside the zone of totality did it right. Watch the eclipse from the rest area, then get out before the endless wave of traffic hits.

I went to Chesuncook Dam about 20 miles northwest of Millinocket. Right on the centerline. Great experience, but the traffic started when I got back to Millinocket. 2 hours to go the six miles from Millinocket to Medway. I stayed at my Dad's place in Lee, ME instead of driving back to NH that night. That was the last real road trip for me Ford Escape Hybrid, I pick up my Model Y at Paramus tomorrow.

It's off-topic, but I just have a hard time understanding how traffic on an otherwise pretty rural road, moves so slowly even with a lot of cars on it. It's not like there are lots of traffic lights pausing the flow of traffic. Are that many people turning and entering/exiting? I get on interstates how entering and exiting traffic can bog through traffic near an exit, so I suppose that carries over to major undivided secondary roads, but it still is a bit of a puzzle.

Reactions: adamek
It's off-topic, but I just have a hard time understanding how traffic on an otherwise pretty rural road, moves so slowly even with a lot of cars on it. It's not like there are lots of traffic lights pausing the flow of traffic. Are that many people turning and entering/exiting? I get on interstates how entering and exiting traffic can bog through traffic near an exit, so I suppose that carries over to major undivided secondary roads, but it still is a bit of a puzzle.

Millinocket is a remote ex-mill town with a very limited number of roads leading out of town. You can drive east to Medway and I-95 on one road. You can drive southwest to Greenville on another road. That's it. The road to Baxter State Park was closed for mud season. The only other roads out of town are logging roads leading to the deep woods.

Once you reach Medway you have a few choices: side road to Chester, Maine (population 200); a side road to Mattawamkeag (population 400), and I-95 a four lane interstate that was already congested by tens of thousands of people heading south after seeing the eclipse in Preque Isle or Houlton. I-95 was backed up from north of Medway to south of Bangor.

• Informative
Reactions: Farmer
Once you reach Medway you have a few choices: side road to Chester, Maine (population 200); a side road to Mattawamkeag (population 400), and I-95 a four lane interstate that was already congested by tens of thousands of people heading south after seeing the eclipse in Preque Isle or Houlton. I-95 was backed up from north of Medway to south of Bangor.
Add in the fact that the thousands of people who came in gradually over a long weekend all wanted to leave immediately after the eclipse.

Reactions: SpiritAdriftM