Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manchester, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are doing things!

DFA82C14-B5B1-46B1-BC5C-83A677D1C374.jpeg

Highly unlikely this site will be turned on today. My guess is the crew there now will drop the transformer and hook up primaries to the pole. Might even connect to power at the top of the pole. They would also need a meter installed to complete the work (frequently done by a different crew but not ruling it out). To get the site up, the Transformer secondary wiring needs to be completed to the supercharger switchgear and then Tesla needs to come and do their thing - testing the supercharger equipment installed along with each pedestal which is probably a half day endeavour.

If you visit, let us know what's been done from the above (look for wires hooked up to the overhead power on the new pole and a utility meter in the socket currently empty).

While the utility company is there doing their part, the contractor doing the supercharger site itself may very well have to do the transformer secondary wiring now that the transformer is set, so chances are pretty good this won't be done this week.

If/when Tesla commissions the site there's a possibility it could be a white Model Y if the same team that did Windham yesterday -
Or it could be a blue and/or red Y based on the team that did both Palmer and Sturbridge this week.

Last edited:
Highly unlikely this site will be turned on today. My guess is the crew there now will drop the transformer and hook up primaries to the pole. Might even connect to power at the top of the pole. They would also need a meter installed to complete the work (frequently done by a different crew but not ruling it out). To get the site up, the Transformer secondary wiring needs to be completed to the supercharger switchgear and then Tesla needs to come and do their thing - testing the supercharger equipment installed along with each pedestal which is probably a half day endeavour.

If you visit, let us know what's been done from the above (look for wires hooked up to the overhead power on the new pole and a utility meter in the socket currently empty).

While the utility company is there doing their part, the contractor doing the supercharger site itself may very well have to do the transformer secondary wiring now that the transformer is set, so chances are pretty good this won't be done this week.

If/when Tesla commissions the site there's a possibility it could be a white Model Y if the same team that did Windham yesterday -
Or it could be a blue and/or red Y based on the team that did both Palmer and Sturbridge this week.
I'm just happy there is progress. If it is today...great! If not, I'm okay with a week or so.

Reactions: kayak1
It says the charger is a V3 250 KW Charger. Why isn’t this going to be a V4 350 KW Charger?
There’s only one location in the world with V4 chargers right now. As Tesla continues to test these and ramp up production I’d expect them to start rolling V4s out slowly for new construction projects beginning in the coming quarters.

FWIW AFAIK the V4 chargers are currently 250KW as well, but could be increased at a later date.

Reactions: kayak1
FWIW AFAIK the V4 chargers are currently 250KW as well, but could be increased at a later date.
So far from what I've read the one spot people are calling "V4" is really "V3.5" as it's basically a V3 charger with a longer cable and a new pedestal. The tech behind it is still the older V3 250kW cabinet setup.

Maybe someday we'll see a true new V4 cabinet and pedestal and backend with higher power. Perhaps the 800v setup that Tesla said is coming for cybertrucks. Who knows..

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
So far from what I've read the one spot people are calling "V4" is really "V3.5" as it's basically a V3 charger with a longer cable and a new pedestal. The tech behind it is still the older V3 250kW cabinet setup.

Maybe someday we'll see a true new V4 cabinet and pedestal and backend with higher power. Perhaps the 800v setup that Tesla said is coming for cybertrucks. Who knows..
Not to be pedantic but Tesla themselves refer to this is a V4 supercharger, so it’s not like “people” made this up. (I tried to include a screenshot of Tesla’s tweets regarding the V4s but it won’t upload)

I’m genuinely curious if you have a source to cite on the tech behind V4 superchargers being the same as the V3s. I haven’t seen any articles to that effect.