Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Londonderry NH Sales/Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At Watertown now. Advisor said that they just got confirmation of 6 new service centers in New England within the next 2 years. Providence RI, Burlington VT, Portland ME, Londonderry NH, Springfield MA, and one other they aren’t sure where yet
It would be awesome if some of those, such as Portland, included a delivery center, though Londonderry, given NH's temporary registrations, is still better for Maine buyers than Peabody.

Reactions: kayak1 and Gwgan
At a recent meeting of the Londonderry Conservation Committee much was made of the proposed size of the parking lot at 305 spaces. Having been to many of the Tesla service and gallery locations in Mass. where it's "Don't show up without your own shoe horn" for parking, having plenty of space will be welcome.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Well at least one other neglected New England state will soon be getting their first sales and deliveries. Tesla has finally decided to stick it to CT legislators and their CARA stealerships. Mohegan Sun will be the location. Haven't seen this link posted anywhere else, where it states they're expecting to open this fall. Perhaps a nearby CT TMC member would like to post up Uncasville.
Mohegan Sun press release:

This project came before the Londonderry Planning Board on November 1st. The Conditional Use Permit, a series of waivers and Site Plan were all approved unanimously. 🎉🎉🎉

On to building permits!

The developer stated their goal was to break ground this winter, with a target construction timeline of ten months. They hoped to open around this time next year.

Agenda:
Recorded meeting:

NH is a godsend for Maine customers. Don't have to worry about the taxes. They can just hand you the car and you will pay sales and excise tax at your local town hall
The main things aren't the taxes. If they can allow pickup then:
- Might be able to inspect the car and reject it or leave it there for fixes instead of having to bring it back a long distance later.
- New Hampshire will issue temporary plates, so you could drive the vehicle immediately instead of having to get a transit plate and get it inspected first.*

Doesn't fully solve the service center distance problem, but it should be better.

* A friend purchased a vehicle from a New Hampshire dealer when that vehicle was hard to come by in Maine.

Reactions: Tdreamer
The main things aren't the taxes. If they can allow pickup then:
- Might be able to inspect the car and reject it or leave it there for fixes instead of having to bring it back a long distance later.
- New Hampshire will issue temporary plates, so you could drive the vehicle immediately instead of having to get a transit plate and get it inspected first.*

Doesn't fully solve the service center distance problem, but it should be better.

* A friend purchased a vehicle from a New Hampshire dealer when that vehicle was hard to come by in Maine.
If one picks the car up from MA, one has to pay MA tax and then ME tax; NH will save us from MA taxes.

That’s not completely true. Tesla just doesn’t want to deal with the headache.

I’ve purchased many cars from Mass over the years. The car has to be registered before they can deliver and that creates a delay that Tesla doesn’t want to deal with.
If you take delivery of a vehicle inside of MA, you must pay MA sales tax, regardless of the buyer's state of residence/state or registration. MA law, no exceptions.

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
A number of MA dealers have NH branches to do the paperwork out of the NH branch.
Or they delivered the car outside of MA. Or they are just ignoring MA law and don't care about having their sales tax permit (and probably their ability to operate in MA) pulled. Either way, the MA law is very clear. If you take delivery of a vehicle within MA, you are obligated to pay MA sales tax. CA is the only other state I know that has that stupid rule.

Reactions: kayak1
Or they delivered the car outside of MA. Or they are just ignoring MA law and don't care about having their sales tax permit (and probably their ability to operate in MA) pulled. Either way, the MA law is very clear. If you take delivery of a vehicle within MA, you are obligated to pay MA sales tax. CA is the only other state I know that has that stupid rule.
Yeah I think there’s a loophole somewhere.

I’ve purchased from Herb Chambers Audi and BMW many times. There is a slight delivery delay because they have to register the car but I’ve done it. They have to hand you the car with Maine/NH plates