Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Londonderry NH Sales/Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. More is not always better. I've heard the Paramus NJ site is a 'zoo' with both supercharger and sale/service. Peabody ma would be worse nightmare than it currently is if they tried to jam in 8 charger stalls.

ok. edit to add: in general: more charging is better. in this case I think the primary purpose of the site should be service and sales. If charging fits on the site without degrading the service/sales, then fine.
They can place the chargers onsite and just not list them in the UI. This will allow people from ME and other locations that aren't close to drive to the location plug in and then check-in.

Last time I left Peabody they didn't charge my car, I was down to ~15% and had to drive back to Maine.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Doesn't help. Plus why should the locals have access and the folks that really need them on the road not?
I think they point was/is that Tesla has non-public restricted use charging at service centers that is not visible in the car's nav that can be used for deliveries and vehicles in for service as needed. It's typically signed as restricted and not available for general use without permission from the service center.

Reactions: kayak1
Was in the area and drove by. No signs of any activity at all. Just a giant empty lot. Same "For Lease" sign still up from last summer.
IMG_5021.jpeg
IMG_5022.jpeg

Drove by the old proposed location also and it looks exactly the same, no change, with a "for lease" sign up also.

Bad news guys. I spoke with someone at Tesla today who I've become friendly with. He claims that the location in Southern NH ended up being across the street from a strip club so Tesla bailed and is now looking for another location. Burlington will be ready much much sooner than any place in NH.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Ahhhh. Happy to hear! 😂

I should have stuck to the prime directive which states, TMC aaaaaalways knows more than whatever Tesla employee you chat with.
Well the employee wasn't wrong about the cancelled Bedford location, they just didn't add the information about the potential Londonderry replacement.

Although we haven't seen much progress in Londonderry either, so who knows what's up. I figured around Concord would make more sense to cover the north country but eventually both would be needed.

Reactions: phantasms
Tesla appeared before the Londonderry Heritage / Historic District Commission on July 27th to present their plan. During the meeting they shared a few pages of the plan, and also stated they have already submitted to the planning board (not yet on a meeting agenda however).

It was a fairly short presentation lasting about 15 minutes, and from a few things mentioned, sounded like it wasn't the first time they had appeared before the board. The presenter stated the plan was for a single story 50,180 square foot facility with a total of 305 parking spaces. It sounded like there would be "about 10" EV charging stations at the rear of the facility - although the discussion didn't reveal if they were talking about superchargers or L2 wall chargers as we've seen on the side of the Peabody, MA service center.

The presentation ended with a recommendation from the board for approval.

1691360713234.png

1691360732824.png

At Watertown now. Advisor said that they just got confirmation of 6 new service centers in New England within the next 2 years. Providence RI, Burlington VT, Portland ME, Londonderry NH, Springfield MA, and one other they aren’t sure where yet
Springfield, MA is actually Chicopee, MA. The Portland, ME one is a new location if it has in fact been decided by Tesla. Not a surprise - just not one we currently have any information on in the community in terms of permitting or planning/zoning board negotiations. Would be great to get more info if anyone has anything (I'll go search once again myself of course :))

Reactions: kayak1
Good news for those of us who depend on Tesla Peabody - which is currently an unbearable situation. They're supporting too many customers out of a footprint that was never meant to be a dealership or service center (It's an old Sear Tire store). The last time I was there is was a mess - with vehicles arriving for service from he North Shore of Boston, ME, VT and NH. The service center was completely overwhelmed.

At Watertown now. Advisor said that they just got confirmation of 6 new service centers in New England within the next 2 years. Providence RI, Burlington VT, Portland ME, Londonderry NH, Springfield MA, and one other they aren’t sure where yet
2 years probably, 4 years definitely...

I think Portland, ME would help sell here.

I have a friend who excluded Tesla from consideration because the nearest service center is in Massachusetts, while Portland would be within an hour. Plus we have lots* of other** People From Away coming to vacation homes*, or to retire as snowbirds, fleeing Florida in summer.

There's still space in South Portland at the Maine Mall. There was a Sears which had an Auto Center. Plenty of parking in which they could store all the unsold inventory.

* 19.3% of homes in Maine are vacation homes. Cape Neddick 63.8%, Winter Harbor 53.8%, Castine 47.5%
** I've only been here 16 years

Last edited: