Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Term Storage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although your car can last 3 months without charging but it is good to plug it in, you never know whether there will be any unexpected event that can delay your return. Also you can check it anytime, without worrying about waking it up will waste battery energy. I found a very strange alert when I browse the notifications yesterday - GTW_w242 Autopilot features temporarily unavailable at 2am - I am in bed at that time, car is in the garage, sentry is off at home and no activity from my security camera.

Upvote 0
I have left, and continue to leave, EVs sitting plugged-in for between five and eight months at a time. Kept at 50% SoC when they are left sitting (first was a Chevy Bolt, now Tesla M3 SR LFP). No degradation or negative consequences that I am aware of.

Rich
This is the way. I used to be travel back and forth between coasts and leave my Model S sitting. 50-60% and plugged in. Make sure sentry is off and you don't check the app too often or it will continuously drain a few percent each day, then start charging again. Unless you want sentry on, just know it will cost ya a kwh or three in electricity each day.

Upvote 0