Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a good samaritan- frunk hook photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found someone on reddit who has a 3d printer willing to produce frunk hooks for themselves and the cost of shipping.

I'm willing to front the costs for shipping if people dont want but we need photos to allow for 3d printing.

Can you help?
Your country needs you.

Reactions: Chalks99
Found someone on reddit who has a 3d printer willing to produce frunk hooks for themselves and the cost of shipping.

I'm willing to front the costs for shipping if people dont want but we need photos to allow for 3d printing.

Can you help?
Your country needs you.

Here’s my solution

Attachments

• 1D740737-4D49-4238-B5B1-3572D64605F0.png
    1D740737-4D49-4238-B5B1-3572D64605F0.png
    510.7 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: Coly
That looks reasonably easy. U shape to go under the bolt, flip up right angle bit as the hook. Or loose the flip and just have a hook. Getting a finish to match the frunk would be hard, and getting a flit up bit to fit well is beyond my skill level.

I would suggest putting the design on thingverse and printing it locally (either a friend or many libraries have printers now apparently) rather than posting plastic around the world.

Greetings from sunny (and smokey) Australia.

I found this thread when doing exactly what you are doing - looking for frunk hooks. In the end I decided to have a crack at designing them myself and have just posted the design on Thingiverse.

Tesla Model 3 Frunk Hooks by HappyPEJ

Hopefully @tsh2 and others are able to help you all out with printing. I'd offer myself but, as others have said in previous posts, shipping small bits of plastic around the world doesn't seem like a good use of money or resources.

Enjoy.

Greetings from sunny (and smokey) Australia.

I found this thread when doing exactly what you are doing - looking for frunk hooks. In the end I decided to have a crack at designing them myself and have just posted the design on Thingiverse.

Tesla Model 3 Frunk Hooks by HappyPEJ

Hopefully @tsh2 and others are able to help you all out with printing. I'd offer myself but, as others have said in previous posts, shipping small bits of plastic around the world doesn't seem like a good use of money or resources.

Enjoy.
thanks for making these, I will print some up tomorrow and post pics of them installed!

Reactions: Chalks99
would you be willing to sell them? I don’t own a printer to do this.
Obviously I can't stop this but the Creative Commons licence I put the design under is for non commercial use.
No probs with people charging nominal amount for materials and actual costs like postage but please don't try to make a profit. That would not be in the spirit of sharing the design and letting you know about it.
Cheers
PEJ