Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for advise on getting the FSD Beta update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, my car is currently on 2022.36.6 and my car is asking me to install the same version (2022.36.6). I'm trying to get the latest FSD beta (2022.36.20). Should I install this/same version and hope the Beta version downloads next? Or is this likely a glitch?

The full story:
- Yesterday morning, my car was on 2022.36.6 and had 2022.40.4.1 downloaded and ready to be installed. I was holding off on installing it to hopefully get FSD beta
- Yesterday morning, after the news about FSD beta going to wide release, I subscribe to FSD and press the request button to enter the queue
- Nothing happens until this morning, when it seems like most cars have already gotten the beta update, and my car was still asking me to install 2022.40.4.1
- This morning I submit a service ticket through the app, requesting FSD beta (2022.36.20) and a few hours later, my car has 2022.36.6 pending install

Reactions: Edtreo and RoBoRaT
Service just sent a command to your car to reinstall the current firmware you already have. It's a guess, but I'd say let it install. After it's finished, make sure you're enrolled/requested and FSD Beta firmware should be offered.
I'm thinking the same thing. I'm going to wait a little bit on the off chance the Beta update appears on top of this one. If nothing changes in the next hour or so, I'll just install it. Haven't heard anything from service. I'm just hoping my car doesn't glitch out and install 2022.40 somehow, locking me out of getting fsd beta for sure..

If 2022.36.6 is waiting to be installed, you don't have to worry about 2022.40 at this point. Since you already have 36.6 installed, there's no reason to install it again unless you want to stop being nagged about it.

More importantly, your forum signature says you don't have FSD in your Model 3. If that's still true, you won't get the FSD Beta until you either purchase or subscribe to FSD.

Reactions: mcirish
If 2022.36.6 is waiting to be installed, you don't have to worry about 2022.40 at this point. Since you already have 36.6 installed, there's no reason to install it again unless you want to stop being nagged about it.

More importantly, your forum signature says you don't have FSD in your Model 3. If that's still true, you won't get the FSD Beta until you either purchase or subscribe to FSD.
In the initial post, I clarified that I am subscribed to FSD

Final update. Today I crossed the "100 miles on autopilot" mark in the safety score screen and when I checked for updates a couple hours later I had received FSD Beta!

So it may be the case that a specific safety score is no longer required, but 100 miles on autopilot (since requesting the beta) is still a requirement
I was in the exact same boat as you, but waited for 2022.40.4.1 to go away and finally found a way in service mode to remove the 2022.40.4.1 download. Once I got rid of the schedule install for 2022.40.4.1, it immediately said i had 2022.36.20 update. Was so happy and learned a lot about my Y and service mode.

Reactions: modl3mike
I was in the exact same boat as you, but waited for 2022.40.4.1 to go away and finally found a way in service mode to remove the 2022.40.4.1 download. Once I got rid of the schedule install for 2022.40.4.1, it immediately said i had 2022.36.20 update. Was so happy and learned a lot about my Y and service mode.
Please explain to me how you got rid of a scheduled install from service mode?