Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for VP level contact, Tesla Energy, issues with PTO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had 7kw solar and 3 powerwalls installed 6 weeks ago, waiting on PTO from PSEG LI. The holdup is not PSEG but Tesla filing the paperwork with PSEG. Cannot make progress getting them to file this. This is a step in the process that should have been completed withing days of installation. Anyone have a a name/contact info for someone to reach out to at Tesla?

Peter

• Funny
Reactions: cali8484
Had 7kw solar and 3 powerwalls installed 6 weeks ago, waiting on PTO from PSEG LI. The holdup is not PSEG but Tesla filing the paperwork with PSEG. Cannot make progress getting them to file this. This is a step in the process that should have been completed withing days of installation. Anyone have a a name/contact info for someone to reach out to at Tesla?

Peter
Dispute the payment, that will get someone’s attention. If you haven’t paid them yet even better.

Reactions: vickh

Peter
i'll 2nd the response you have already .. no known escalation path unfortunatley ... do what you need to do to get their attention .. unfortunately

Did you reach out to your project advisor? Did you have any last minute change prior to the install? My original design was with Delta inverter and even my project advisor told me I would not get the new Tesla inverter because it would change the design plan. A week later when they showed up to do the install they put in the Tesla inverter, when I kept asking about PTO application after the install my project advisor told me that due to the design change using the Tesla inverter they had to redo the design plan as well as update the permit before submitting the PTO application. I got my PTO 5 weeks after the install, it also depends on how many people are in front of you in the queue.

Did you reach out to your project advisor? Did you have any last minute change prior to the install? My original design was with Delta inverter and even my project advisor told me I would not get the new Tesla inverter because it would change the design plan. A week later when they showed up to do the install they put in the Tesla inverter, when I kept asking about PTO application after the install my project advisor told me that due to the design change using the Tesla inverter they had to redo the design plan as well as update the permit before submitting the PTO application. I got my PTO 5 weeks after the install, it also depends on how many people are in front of you in the queue.
Reached out several times. All i get is that they are backed up. No changes to design. All went well to this point. 6 weeks to wait on Tesla to file with the utility is rediculous.

Same position as you, but im 9 weeks after installation completion. Nothing happens until i reach out. All they need to do is send the job completion document to my utility and i can get the system turned on within a week. No conscious humans working at Tesla. Reps are useless. Hard to recommend Tesla products when they pull this sh1t. Overworked and understaffed or not, FIGURE IT OUT.

If you can run on PV and battery only, simply turn off your service disconnect at your main breaker box and run the system in backup mode. Been doing that myself until I have PTO ... been 3 weeks since inspection passed and Tesla has not filed the paper work with SCE ... pretty ridiculous as everything is in an online portal!

I'm about 11 weeks after install, and 9 weeks past inspection approve and paid in full to Tesla. Nothing submitted to PGE yet ( I have checked with PGE repeatedly) for interconnection agreement. I prod the PM, and I get nothing but apologies and weekly Friday automated emails they are working on it.
Added more solar and many powerwalls to some existing solar back in March, for clarity.

Reactions: DJVoorhees
I wonder if they are adding so much solar so fast, it causing some kind of Utility bargained quota limit and Tesla is trying to spread it out. We all need PTO before PGE bargains this new NEM3 in CA and reductions later in the year. Wonder if this is some slow walks game related to that by the utilities.

Last edited:
I'm about 11 weeks after install, and 9 weeks past inspection approve and paid in full to Tesla. Nothing submitted to PGE yet ( I have checked with PGE repeatedly) for interconnection agreement. I prod the PM, and I get nothing but apologies and weekly Friday automated emails they are working on it.
Added more solar and many powerwalls to some existing solar back in March, for clarity.
I went through something close but not exact and simply asked for my money back. Then they could take a long as they wanted to finish the work. I had a hard time accepting the issues with full payment being made and no working product.

I got an unprompted messaging today explaining heavy demand driving the delays. They expect to move it along next couple of weeks. It was nice to hear something, and I can sympathize with demamd/workload being the issue. Probably a lot folks scared by CA fires and PGE constantly cutting power… that they bought solar/powerwalls like I did.

I got an unprompted messaging today explaining heavy demand driving the delays. They expect to move it along next couple of weeks. It was nice to hear something, and I can sympathize with demamd/workload being the issue. Probably a lot folks scared by CA fires and PGE constantly cutting power… that they bought solar/powerwalls like I did.
Also, there is a rush because of the looming NEM-3 program which will make solar a lot less attractive.

Reactions: h2ofun