Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Losing enthusiasm for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right. I've been waiting almost two years, nursing a car with 190K and a faulty transmission. And today I woke up to coolant all over my garage floor.

Just a car.:rolleyes:

Yes, it's just a car. It's not my fault or anybody else's fault that you are waiting on replacement of your old car with a Tesla that might not be available for another year depending on what configuration you want.

There are lots of other great cars that are available TODAY if you need a new car.

Yes, it's just a car. It's not my fault or anybody else's fault that you are waiting on replacement of your old car with a Tesla that might not be available for another year depending on what configuration you want.

There are lots of other great cars that are available TODAY if you need a new car.
I would go used Model S85D AP1 if my main wheels died today.

Chill. I am not blaming you or anyone else here for my decision to wait. My situation is my own. I have other cars in my household that I can use.

Just having a little fun with the fact that I had expected to be rid of this car long ago, based upon earlier estimates.

Chill. I am not blaming you or anyone else here for my decision to wait. My situation is my own. I have other cars in my household that I can use.

Just having a little fun with the fact that I had expected to be rid of this car long ago, based upon earlier estimates.

See, that's where we differ.

I automatically double any timeline projections Elon gives. I halve production estimates.

$35K Tesla available in 2017? See, that actually means 2019 sometime. 250,000 cars built in 2017? That means about 100,000 cars built in 2017 and only about 100 model 3s.

I genuinely feel sorry for the people that believed him that he would have $35,000 Model 3s rolling off the assembly line, 5,000 per week by the end of last year when he was making those predictions in early 2016.

Trip to Mars in 2020? That actually means trip to mars in 2040.

I automatically double any timeline projections Elon gives. I halve production estimates.

$35K Tesla available in 2017? See, that actually means 2019 sometime. 250,000 cars built in 2017? That means about 100,000 cars built in 2017 and only about 100 model 3s.

I genuinely feel sorry for the people that believed him that he would have $35,000 Model 3s rolling off the assembly line, 5,000 per week by the end of last year when he was making those predictions in early 2016.

I get it. All the while we see him tweet about the hyperloop, starman, and "not a" flamethrower... :D

I never expected to pick up a $35K M3, which is why I always figured my $50K car would be ready by now...

Reactions: McRat
How about a very clean 60 instead of an 85. If I had a few more $ in the savings account I would be tempted on this one.

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3857557?ad_cid=6#
Tempting. Depends if you want to do an occasional road trip. The 60 KWh battery size would make recharging stops longer. Also depends if you want to spend 40K or 60K. If 40K is the limit, then sure - looks tempting.

Reactions: KJD

Crazy to think about how gullible I was in regard to Tesla and Elon in 2016 - I legit thought that my early morning day 1 reservation would result in a Tesla for the price of of a decently optioned Civic by some point in 2017 (early 2017 even). I knew nothing of Tesla and bought his visionary salesmanship without much question. Can't even imagine how many times I stated "This guy is awesome", "his [insert idea] is awesome", "this car will be awesome" to myself and others throughout 2016 and most of 2017. I'm naturally an fairly skeptical person, and still can't really explain how I became such a fanboy during that time.

I still think Elon is a great visionary and that the Model S and X are awesome cars (still get excited when I see either of them drive by), but really just roll my eyes at most of what he says and posts about these days.

Wonder what would've happened if Steve Jobs had unveiled the iPhone in 2007 and then took 2-3 years before actually being able to deliver them to customers. And what if they would've been as buggy as early edition Teslas?