Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Connection Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is an older fw now, so you might wish to offer the service center to try pushing a newer one to yours to try and save a service visit. If you don’t receive anything within a couple of days of that reach out to them again. Some 3s, self-included, have had newer FW not make it to the car automagically and needed a push to unblock the download.

Will do.

Oh, and @ahkim, welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks!

Is there a place where FW version history is posted? Looks like the FW number starts with the year but doesn't follow the month/day?

I called Tesla Service and they told me that they cannot push a FW update since they are released in batches. They told me to wait until my batch gets the update. If the LTE was totally deal, then they would recommend that I come in.

Soft reboot is holding down both scroll wheels until screen goes off, then releasing
Hard reboot is car in park, keep brake pedal pressed and do soft reboot.

Soft reboot will restart lte module, so if this is occurring frequently definitely call your service center and have some times within the last 5 days that this has occurred, so they can look at any remote logs to help diagnose.

Also, what firmware are you on?
When I mentioned hard reboot with brake pressed at the SC last week the three techs looked at me like I was crazy and said pressing brake does nothing. And we wonder why fixes are elusive! Most of these techs were in high school last year.

As for LTE Tesls couldn't get logs remotely probably because it's down a lot. Ranger coming tomorrow.

I just got .9 today but LTE still seems sketchy.

And don't get me started on how bad and unreliable the Bluetooth connection is between car and iPhone. I love new technology but hate being the Beta tester for it.

When I mentioned hard reboot with brake pressed at the SC last week the three techs looked at me like I was crazy and said pressing brake does nothing. And we wonder why fixes are elusive! Most of these techs were in high school last year.

As for LTE Tesls couldn't get logs remotely probably because it's down a lot. Ranger coming tomorrow.

I just got .9 today but LTE still seems sketchy.

And don't get me started on how bad and unreliable the Bluetooth connection is between car and iPhone. I love new technology but hate being the Beta tester for it.
I’d bet you’ve got a faulty lte module or lose antenna connection. Btw the Model S module plays double-duty for Bluetooth and WiFi iirc.

The lack of logs when there’s no connectivity is something that always puzzles me. One would imagine a continuous capture of data into a ring buffer that has a mechanism to send over a connection if/as determined by availability. You would imagine a separate, lower granularity/sample rate, ring buffer specifically for capturing the connectivity telemetry as fundamental to debugging issues from the field.

On the subject of being a beta tester, someone has to be on the bleeding edge. Enjoy the ride and share the wealth. Wheeeeee! :)

/been a long day.

Anyone else still having this issue? I've had it happen multiple times in the 24 hours I've owned the car. It was down for my entire 30 minute drive home today.
If it’s reliably down, that’s something the service center can quickly diagnose. It’s something that’s almost impossible to do remotely due to lack of connectivity and small log files. Give them a call.

It’s happening to me this morning. MS 2017 v8.1
G r e a t!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    641.5 KB · Views: 127
Mine is out today as well - Ohio. Tried a couple of various reboots (steering wheel controls, also tried turning it fully off and waiting a few minutes) and nothing works. No recent FW updates. Got maps last week. Was working fine yesterday.