Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Network outage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out in Downers Grove area & everywhere else I have driven today (to Downtown Chicago). Called Tesla this AM & waited 30 min. THey were unaware of an outage, tried to restart 3 times to no avail. Made a service appointment....first available October 31st!!! Hopefully it is just the AT&T service. No Nav, no streaming, no connection to phone.

Out in Downers Grove area & everywhere else I have driven today (to Downtown Chicago). Called Tesla this AM & waited 30 min. THey were unaware of an outage, tried to restart 3 times to no avail. Made a service appointment....first available October 31st!!! Hopefully it is just the AT&T service. No Nav, no streaming, no connection to phone.

Back up in Chicagoland per this thread: 10/16/18 Is LTE out?

Are people still able to use phone as key or are we using our key cards this evening?

I used phone when I left office but forced to use keycard an hour later when picking up daughter at daycare.

I thought if you were using phone at the car to unlock that it didn’t require vehicle internet connection, just Bluetooth and that is what triggered doors to lock / unlock?

I used phone when I left office but forced to use keycard an hour later when picking up daughter at daycare.

I thought if you were using phone at the car to unlock that it didn’t require vehicle internet connection, just Bluetooth and that is what triggered doors to lock / unlock?

Correct. "Phone as a Key" only requires Bluetooth. — Reliability of "Phone as a Key" is an entirely different subject altogether for some folks... But is not dependent on the vehicle or your phone having a working data connection.

Yeah that’s odd. My phone worked as key when I got back to it after work. But streaming did too so it was probably fixed by then.