Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Happy Joy Joy! I'm now Ludicrous.

20160218_113653_resized.jpg

Unfortunately, one of the problems with getting this done during the week is that I have not been able to test how much it has made a difference due to morning commute traffic. Looking forward to a weekend of fun!

Thanks for the report! Did you try Max Battery Power at 100% SoC to see if the power would go higher than 432kW?

I recorded 453KW at 89% right after supercharging. I hit 442KW at 85% after charging at work at 6KW. Did not use max battery power in either case.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, this P90D is showing a much higher reading on the KW meter than either P90DL or P85DL. Given the logarithmic scale, I'd estimate this to be about 500KW. Mine only goes just past the 4 at 453KW.

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 3.08.08 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised no one from Arizona has posted yet. I just got off the phone with the Scottsdale SC and they have been doing Ludicrous upgrades.

According to the service manager, when Tesla ships your "packet" for the upgrade and it has your name on it! Your SC knows when it ships and that is when they call you to make the appointment.

Anxiously waiting...

Yeah maybe. I won't have a chance to try that for at least a few days.

Battery was at 47C earlier while at 80% w/452kW max. Not something I want to do to my pack often.

It'll be interesting to see what the maxes are at equivalent states of charges with the battery just heated to more normal operating temperatures (Max Battery Power off, with the car having been driven a bit.) I think for many of us, those will be the most relevant numbers, as those will represent the amount of power we are likely to be able to draw in most regular driving situations, and without putting undue strain on our packs.

I will never use max battery at 100% charge. The higher the charge the larger the more the anode expands. But combine that with heat and it expands even more and this is what fractures the LiPo anodes and accelerates degradation.

Yeah, it's probably the worst possible thing to do to the battery.

That said, I plan on trying it once, just to see how it goes and if it actually makes any real difference. By the time my pack degrades to the point where I wont be able to use it for sufficient range for my trips I'm going to either bug Tesla about it, or just replace it with something better.

I just called Van Nuys, CA SC and they still don't have any parts. I am 15th out of 75 on the list. I am really getting anxious now that I went to the Fontana dragstrip and did 7.311 at 1/8 and 11.546 @115 in the 1/4 mile at 94%. Every run after that was slightly slower. After Ludicrous I will have direct comparison data.