Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI: As mentioned previously, picked up my upgraded p85d today. It feels much better at 30-50 and 50-70. 0-30 feels about the same, though it really wants to pull much harder and longer.
Hopefully not breaking cross-thread etiquette, though initial data being posted on LolaChampCar's CAN thread for some pre/post upgrade comparisons from generous loan of their CAN logger: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...lus-Graphing?p=1385060&viewfull=1#post1385060

I found MikeB's overlay to be exactly what I would have liked to see when making the decision to order the L upgrade.
Put some language around it like "with a battery with XYZ miles on it, these are typical results and your results may vary" and simply supply this graph-

I found MikeB's overlay to be exactly what I would have liked to see when making the decision to order the L upgrade.
Put some language around it like "with a battery with XYZ miles on it, these are typical results and your results may vary" and simply supply this graph-

I was glad to see that as well. Shows the degree of improvement at various points and as more data comes in, this sort of comparison will become even more refined.

Anyone else find it strange that a vast majority of the people viewing this thread are "guests"?
It is 2 members / 16 guests as I write and I have seen the guest total way over 100 several times.

in my case (and I am sure this is not unique), I'm not automatically logged in when reading the forums and only log in to post. Therefore, until I log in, I'm a "guest". This must explain the observation.

My car is at the Montreal SC getting done today. Dropped it off at 8 am with 59 miles on the battery. Was told it would be done today if all goes well. Will report back.

Ludicrous upgrade done. Picked up the car over lunch. Great service from the Montreal SC. Took a day and a half. Proceeding with the software update seemed to have been the difference between the good case scenario of one day and the actual day and a half.

Unfortunately, snowing pretty hard today so I can't really play with my upgraded ride but I can share this photo!

3a7c7457cdbe900a69cbb8254ab56f34.jpg

I imagine though I'm quite pleased by how it looks. Pretty OCD about my car's aesthetics and I gotta say, I was worried how it would look. Looks factory-done to me. Interestingly that part is called P90D Chrome Bar Badge on the invoice.

I would be too. Yours *looks* like where it should be. I've seen ones that go off to the left by about a millimeter and don't quite line up with the vertical line of the P.

Yes, now very happy (my car is "in the middle" of being done now).

Yay - now take this down time to find that front motor RPM CAN id? :)

Seriously, congrats and good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

I would be too. Yours *looks* like where it should be. I've seen ones that go off to the left by about a millimeter and don't quite line up with the vertical line of the P.

Mine is just over a millimeter down on right vs. left... I'm REALLY trying not to notice, though can't bring myself to post a picture :p

Mine is just over a millimeter down on right vs. left... I'm REALLY trying not to notice, though can't bring myself to post a picture :p

I put my own on. They were out of them when I had my car upgraded. I called several weeks after that to ask if they had them back in stock and they did. I went to pick one up and was told they were $8. I told them I'm pretty sure I already paid that :)

Bah, fortune favors the bold. Sometimes the greatest step is a leap of faith. And while it's a cliche that most cliches are true, like most cliches, that cliche is also untrue.

I put my own on. They were out of them when I had my car upgraded. I called several weeks after that to ask if they had them back in stock and they did. I went to pick one up and was told they were $8. I told them I'm pretty sure I already paid that :)

Hmm, I should order a second one put it on the car just to see how long it would take someone to notice.

"I'm beta testing maximum plaid, but don't tell anyone".

Update from Nashville - Car went off-line some time yesterday, came back on-line early afternoon today. Software update to 2.12.45 at 2:30 or so. Around 5 pm they supercharged it and then I got an e-mail that they were having issues and will let me know tomorrow how things are progressing. All very polite and nice, we shall see tomorrow. Seems like it isn't that uncommon for this process to get a hitch or two.