Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called Burlingame but Karl is off today. Spoke to Clare (receptionist) and she confirmed that they're doing L upgrades, but that I would have to place a deposit online and specify Burlingame as my SC to get on their waitlist.

Of course that's too late, as I already placed my deposit over 2 months ago and had specified Fremont as the SC. Clare wasn't able to do anything about this, so I'll just have to wait to speak with Karl on Monday.

GG, please let me know if you get any more details from Andrew about moving you to the Burlingame waitlist. Thanks!

Evil (Clare) Knievel! Yup, that's really her last name but, I'm just kidding about the 'evil' part, of course. :)

Fired off an email to Andrew and Bur. Service. Let me see how that goes.

Evil (Clare) Knievel! Yup, that's really her last name but, I'm just kidding about the 'evil' part, of course. :)

LOL! that is indeed her last name. Definitely not evil, she is very sweet! Though not the most knowlegeable, unfortunately for us.

Thanks for initiating the email to Andrew. Looking forward to his response.

I tried to speed things up by requesting Santa Barbara instead of Van Nuys as Santa Barbara has done some while Van Nuys can't get any parts. But I was told that every kit is assigned to a vin number so I have to wait for my kit. However when it arrives in Van Nuys they will ship it overnight to Santa Barbara for installation as SB could probably install it sooner as they are not quite as busy.

I tried to speed things up by requesting Santa Barbara instead of Van Nuys as Santa Barbara has done some while Van Nuys can't get any parts. But I was told that every kit is assigned to a vin number so I have to wait for my kit. However when it arrives in Van Nuys they will ship it overnight to Santa Barbara for installation as SB could probably install it sooner as they are not quite as busy.

I was told something similar, i.e. that every bundle of parts, or kit, is assigned to a VIN number, and that you're contacted when the parts for your car come in.

I just called Burlingame but Karl is off today. Spoke to Clare (receptionist) and she confirmed that they're doing L upgrades, but that I would have to place a deposit online and specify Burlingame as my SC to get on their waitlist.

Of course that's too late, as I already placed my deposit over 2 months ago and had specified Fremont as the SC. Clare wasn't able to do anything about this, so I'll just have to wait to speak with Karl on Monday.

GG, please let me know if you get any more details from Andrew about moving you to the Burlingame waitlist. Thanks!

If for some reason you guys are not successful with this approach you may want to consider writing to the main email address for the online store. I'd think since they handled the online order and placed you on the Fremont waiting list, they should be able to move you to a different SC's waiting list. Just something to consider.

I had my ludicrous upgrade performed in Rocklin about 2 weeks ago, and then last week they called me back in to replace some bolts. It ended up being basically a complete re-do of the ludicrous upgrade taking a day and a half, with the work performed listed as "Update Fuse Bolt and Inspect Fuse". Maybe that's the hold up.

Just got a call from the Cleveland SC - my Ludicrous upgrade parts arrived today. I was already scheduled to have Telsa pick up my car and provide a loaner for an unrelated issue tomorrow - so they're going to take care of everything while they have it. Otherwise, they would have provided a loaner, but I would have had to drive the car to Cleveland.

Just got a call from the Cleveland SC - my Ludicrous upgrade parts arrived today. I was already scheduled to have Telsa pick up my car and provide a loaner for an unrelated issue tomorrow - so they're going to take care of everything while they have it. Otherwise, they would have provided a loaner, but I would have had to drive the car to Cleveland.

I'm still waiting to hear from Cleveland.

What number were you on their list?

I have an interesting new problem. Put down my deposit in September on line and then notified Mt kisco in NY where I picked up my car. After a few weeks of reflection I wondered if all service centers would do the upgrade or only the big ones (kisco is tiny)so I called Paramus and said put me on the list there as well as I'm equidistant between the two. Then waited and waited. I called Paramus a few times until they told me they thought my paperwork might be at Mt Kisco. I called there and was told no record of me exists. I pulled up my on line confirmation and sent to service at mt Kisco today. We will see if they put me back near the front of the line or if I start from today. If I hadn't called I would still be waiting for them to call since they have just started doing the upgrades there.

I just want to show off this graph I made today using data from a 0-100 launch ~4 days ago, and data from a 0-82 launch today in the same spot.

erie-repeatability-p85d.jpg

That's so similar it's scary. Like, if I was racing my Mario Kart ghost... you wouldn't see the ghost. lol.

Cool stuff.

Not sure of my number - I had never asked. I put my deposit down in early January. Cleveland SvC indicated that they have only performed one Ludicrous upgrade to date.

Say what????

January???

I put mine down shortly after the offering showed up on the site.

I was told by them, a few weeks back, that they had done more than one, because I wondered why I had not heard anything yet. I don't recall the exact number, but it was definitely more than one because it gave me optimism that things were moving along there.

I have an interesting new problem. Put down my deposit in September on line and then notified Mt kisco in NY where I picked up my car. After a few weeks of reflection I wondered if all service centers would do the upgrade or only the big ones (kisco is tiny)so I called Paramus and said put me on the list there as well as I'm equidistant between the two. Then waited and waited. I called Paramus a few times until they told me they thought my paperwork might be at Mt Kisco. I called there and was told no record of me exists. I pulled up my on line confirmation and sent to service at mt Kisco today. We will see if they put me back near the front of the line or if I start from today. If I hadn't called I would still be waiting for them to call since they have just started doing the upgrades there.

Many people have said they've been told the parts come in to the service centers with our VIN numbers associated with them. It sounds like Tesla may let the SC's know whose parts are arriving shortly before they do, so the SC can schedule the upgrade. Assuming this is correct, Mt Kisco would have gotten in touch with you whether you took action or not once headquarters informed them that your parts would be there soon.

I just want to show off this graph I made today using data from a 0-100 launch ~4 days ago, and data from a 0-82 launch today in the same spot.
That's so similar it's scary. Like, if I was racing my Mario Kart ghost... you wouldn't see the ghost. lol.

Cool stuff.

Do you know anyone else with a P85D who could drive the same stretch? You could check for car-to-car repeatability.