Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm under the impression that the parts just show up without any warning. I had a conversation in the morning with the SvC with no indication that the parts were on the way. By early afternoon, I was told a FedEx package had arrived with my parts in it.
Maybe some SC's are more organized than others? I got scheduled 2 months in advance for mid-March install.

I put down my deposit on September 29, 4 days after they opened it up. I talked to the Service Center several times and I was told they get a few upgrades at a time (nothing until a couple months ago) and "corporate" determines who gets the upgrade based on the queue list maintained in CA. The Service Center says they have no say so in order or priority or the frequency with which they receive the upgrade kits. So I am now in month 6 and don't know where I stand on the list of "around 30" who applied for the upgrade out of my delivery location in Illinois. It's winter so I don't care but I will in April.

I was surprised when the Nashville SC said there were a lot of people on the wait list locally. The demand for the retrofit seems very high. Judging from this thread, the pace of completing them is slow. Unless something changes it seems that people could be in this queue for months and months. Heck we are already past the five month mark now.

I called up Denver to check on Ludicrous Upgrade scheduling. Apparently they have only done a couple and are slowly working down the list. I know I am way down that list because I did not put my deposit in early. They said they don't know how far down I am on the list and have not received the complete list from California.

Because my P85D is a day long drive away in Pagosa Springs, I asked them to give me as much notice as possible, so that I can move the car back to Boulder.

I will be waiting patiently...

Burlingame confirmed my appointment for next Monday, but did mention that they are severely understaffed, and the upgrade might take as long as a week rather than 1-2 days. I'm going to go for it - better than getting back in line.

Thanks for the update. When you drop off your car, can you please ask what number you were on the list, and how many more they have behind you now?

Bellevue Service Center, 3/7-3/8
P85DLudicrous.png

Only driven it for ~30 min but already feels faster. Placebo perhaps.

Reactions: Tree95