Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous upgrade will cost AU$8275.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ICUDoc

May 19, 2015
Sydney NSW
Just got the call....
A pleasant chap from Tesla Germany (!!!!) called and told me the price for the Ludicrous upgrade for my P85D. He asked if I was still interested: I told him that I'd like to know more details about what changes I could expect in the car- he said he'll get that information forwarded to me as soon as he could.
The car is incredibly quick already - I really will need to think about it....

Last edited:
ICUDoc,

Thats cheap compared to the $90K they want me to pay for an upgrade to a P90DL. Trying to convince myself to cut a cheque.......

Just sent an email to Tesla about this on the forum and got this response...

"I’m not sure who has put that, but Ludicrous has not yet arrived.

Our tech support team were doing a call around to gauge customer interest, but there has been no official launch date yet."

I hope that means it is at least not far off... I think I want this.

Definitely a bargain in MHO. I am a definite. Less that $10K for a full step up in "super-car" performance is a real deal.

I talked to the service team yesterday when I was over in Artarmon, and they also said the dates are not firmed up yet.

Keiron, Not sure I would put up $90K for a full car upgrade. what happens when the P100D+++ comes out, upgrade again??

Just sent an email to Tesla about this on the forum and got this response...

"I’m not sure who has put that, but Ludicrous has not yet arrived.

Our tech support team were doing a call around to gauge customer interest, but there has been no official launch date yet."

I hope that means it is at least not far off... I think I want this.
Happy with the price?
And what do you think about current performance above 80 's???

Happy with the price?
And what do you think about current performance above 80 's???

Price:
The low AU dollar is a pain.
still much cheaper than ordering the P90D which comes with unnecessary minimal battery increase at a high price and still more for LMode and both attract lux car tax. So from that perspective it is a bargain, not to mention that this will only be available fir a short time after which uou would have to buy a new car to get it.

Performance:
Yes it is unnecessary, but then so are most things in the Tesla. Thing is, you luv the car so much, you are willing to accept every little bit more and you want the best. So why would you say no after having already bought the best?

Just got the call....
A pleasant chap from Tesla Germany (!!!!) called and told me the price for the Ludicrous upgrade for my P85D. He asked if I was still interested: I told him that I'd like to know more details about what changes I could expect in the car- he said he'll get that information forwarded to me as soon as he could.
The car is incredibly quick already - I really will need to think about it....

Got the same call. He says it only takes 2 hours to perform the mod but couldn't quite grasp the concept that I was 3000+km from a service centre.

Got the same call. He says it only takes 2 hours to perform the mod but couldn't quite grasp the concept that I was 3000+km from a service centre.
The first two ludicrous upgrades done at the Fremont service center took three days. They were hoping for two days, so two hours doesn't sound right unless they are intending to give you a new battery pack instead of modifying your present one.

Last edited:
I wonder if the upgrade does anything to the battery pack? I'm wondering whether to take the upgrade when it arrives, or wait a year or more for the 120kWH (or whatever is next) pack and upgrade then.
Just thinking out loud...

I wonder if the upgrade does anything to the battery pack? I'm wondering whether to take the upgrade when it arrives, or wait a year or more for the 120kWH (or whatever is next) pack and upgrade then.
Just thinking out loud...

When I got the call from Tesla re the Ludicrous upgrade I asked about the price of a batt pack upgrade to 90Kw - it was just under AU$40K, so think I'll be leaving that one...

I wonder what the upgrade from Ludicrous to Maximum Plaid will be? I know, it’s allegedly for the new Roadster but really, why bother? I’ve used Ludicrous in full attack once in 2 months of ownership although I do like that upgrade options are provided. Battery upgrade would be my choice, if any.