Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Luggage Packing Record - Can You Top This?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While not luggage, a stack of 65" LG flat panels fits perfectly[1]:

lgtesla.jpg

Sadly, I suspect this would not be possible in The X. :confused:

While not luggage, a stack of 65" LG flat panels fits perfectly[1]:

View attachment 105772

Sadly, I suspect this would not be possible in The X. :confused:

I was at Costco the Sunday after Thanksgiving and bought a new 65" UHD set. Wheeled it out alone on a dolly and got one of the 'curb loaders' to help me wheel it to my S85. When we pulled up to my trunk, he stopped short and was prepared to turn around, sure that there was no way to get it into the trunk. Of course it fit flat (like scaesare), and I then went back to finish up my shopping (4 poinsettias, 3 wreaths, a bunch of food, and the obligatory pack of paper towels--the latter sort of like the NY Times reviewer's 'volume index'. No worries. Works for me....

The TV sets are great. The guy bringing mine out said "I don't think this will fit".

Here's 150 lineal feet of lumber, 8 foot boards up to the dashboard, and a 12 foot board through the sunroof. I've also gotten a 12 foot extension ladder through the sunroof!

ScreenHunter_4619 Dec. 29 14.17.jpg

Where do I sign up for free panels? :)

Nice job.

You'll need to work for a solar company that's cool enough to have employee giveaways every few months :wink:

I ended up with 16 of the black-backsheet 72-cell panels, so about 3.5 kW worth of DC power.
I already have racking from another event, so all I need is a good solid 3 kW inverter that can also feed my future PowerWall(s) :biggrin:
Goal being to go completely off the grid some day...

Anyway, back on topic: you can fit enough solar (assuming it's high efficiency) in your Model S for a decent size system that can in turn power it from clean energy!

- - - Updated - - -

Those solar panels are great...

+1 (and not that I'm biased at all :cool:)