Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LV insurance hike - quick sense check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
think it must be hugely to do with post code. Just did mine out of curiousty on a M3 LR £750-800

10k PA mileage with business miles included.

Admiral Essential was the cheapest at £699

They all seem to have quite a high compulsory excess at £500, voluntary £300

... and circumstances

But there's no way I'm leaving Bakhmut, or stopping my bipolar meds.

So it is what it is.

Has anyone tried By Miles - Car insurance you pay by the mile ? They don't use a black box but connect via the Tesla API to aggregate how many miles you have driven.
Looks interesting....tried to get a quote. Computer says no...

Sorry. We can't insure you just yet.​

We know that's rubbish to hear, but we're working on it. Scroll down for a bit more information and a little something to help with your next renewal.

Here's why…​

Unfortunately, restrictions from our insurance underwriter mean we can't insure you right now, but it won't be like this forever. We hope to add cover for more drivers as we grow.

do not forget to update car value in the compare the market.. .:D as in my case it was like 54k, while in reality it is 30...

but all in all, all insurers want like 500 compulsory + I add like 500 voluntary...

As well as voluntary excess and reducing annual mileage you can (depending on policy) omit replacement car if damaged car is off the road. In our own circumstances we have two cars and can survive using one. I am holding my breath waiting for a renewal notice which is due within the next week or so ...

As well as voluntary excess and reducing annual mileage you can (depending on policy) omit replacement car if damaged car is off the road. In our own circumstances we have two cars and can survive using one. I am holding my breath waiting for a renewal notice which is due within the next week or so ...
well.. I am covering 20+k miles a year....

well.. I am covering 20+k miles a year....
That's good; as long as you are not too highly penalised for the above average mileage, you might want to think of insurance on a cost per mile basis.
Conversely, our below average mileage means I can't use that bit of self deluding sophistry to distract from the fact that she ( the Y not SWMBO) is something of an indulgence - a luxury though thus far,"low maintenance" item - 🤞.
Thank God we still love her.😊

Insurance for our X this year, via DL, really very reasonable for 12k miles per year, £300 excess. For the 2 week road trip to Europe DL wanted just another £27 for fully comp cover.

52700058978_07763cc164_c_d.jpg