Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR RWD UK!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen a lease company in the Netherlands state the 0-62 time as 5.9 s (so 0-60 is going to be 5.7 s). Quicker than the RWD model but not by too much.

Last edited:
Doing simple maths and following standard exchange rates on XE.com the US model 3 RWD s $39,990. taking off incentive $2k and federal credit $3,750 then add the destiantion fee $1,390 (forget the gas saving number as it's a variable for every driver) the total price is $35,630. In UK pounds this is £28,647

If £28k is Tesla's production cost, plus an allowable margin, you've got to factor in import duty and VAT.

That brings it to £37k, I think, which is about where it realistically wants to be.

Reactions: NewbieT and GRiLLA
Doing simple maths and following standard exchange rates on XE.com the US model 3 RWD s $39,990. taking off incentive $2k and federal credit $3,750 then add the destiantion fee $1,390 (forget the gas saving number as it's a variable for every driver) the total price is $35,630. In UK pounds this is £28,647
The $2,000 incentive is for a California-registered car and provided by the State of California. The federal $3,750 credit is provided by the US Government. Unless you are aware of some matching programme offered by the UK, I don't think your maths is correct. And as has been pointed out you have omitted UK VAT and import duties....

I expect this is partly due to the insurance cost for business with younger male drivers who want a long range, maybe due to not having home charging.

(Price sensitive private buyers will likely find a AWD on the inventory page for the same price if they look often enough and are a little flexible.)

The $2,000 incentive is for a California-registered car and provided by the State of California. The federal $3,750 credit is provided by the US Government. Unless you are aware of some matching programme offered by the UK, I don't think your maths is correct. And as has been pointed out you have omitted UK VAT and import duties....
I wasn’t considering an import I was just saying this is the price they’re able to pay over there.

Californians will be paying that amount and through exchange rate that was UK GBP

True though the credits are a smokescreen as we haven’t an equivalent

I wasn’t considering an import I was just saying this is the price they’re able to pay over there.

Where did you get the UK analogy from?

Californians will be paying that amount.
I'm not going to re-quote your entire post that I responded to, but to my reading it came across as a whinge that the cost in the USA is less than here? Of course you were not implying importing a car (which, for reasons of which you are well aware, would be a very bad idea). And, yes, that is the price many but not all Californians pay for an order today (there are conditions to the availability of both the state and federal subsidies).

Apologies if I misread your post.

I'm not going to re-quote your entire post that I responded to, but to my reading it came across as a whinge that the cost in the USA is less than here? Of course you were not implying importing a car (which, for reasons of which you are well aware, would be a very bad idea). And, yes, that is the price many but not all Californians pay for an order today (there are conditions to the availability of both the state and federal subsidies).

Apologies if I misread your post.
No worries, often accused of not being as clear as I should👍

It wasn’t a whinge I was just hinting at possible things to come. I’m not a grumbler on prices I’m happy with what I’ve paid and if it halves tomorrow I wouldn’t give a stuff. Life’s to short for worrying about stuff you can’t change.

Plus looking forward to getting back in the M3 tomorrow after 3 days in an MG HS hire car travelling around Scotland. Boy do I feel privileged 😂😂

Reactions: DaveNN and KennethS

No worries, often accused of not being as clear as I should👍

It wasn’t a whinge I was just hinting at possible things to come. I’m not a grumbler on prices I’m happy with what I’ve paid and if it halves tomorrow I wouldn’t give a stuff. Life’s to short for worrying about stuff you can’t change.

Plus looking forward to getting back in the M3 tomorrow after 3 days in an MG HS hire car travelling around Scotland. Boy do I feel privileged 😂😂
I've just received a dual motor (plus) polestar 2 as a loaner, not bad not bad at all.

Reactions: browellm
Some LR RWDs have been posted on Tesla's UK inventory.

1689187934957.png

A very attractive proposition… over 130 miles WLTP increase over the original SR+! If I was looking for a vehicle change I would be after one of these!
I justified my original LR on the basis of longer range over the SR+. First EV range anxiety etc. The added performance was just an unfortunate side effect:) ( at least that is what I told the wife). But if this had been available or I was getting another it would be very hard to justify the AWD LR over this. I don't understand why they are so reluctant to sell them.

Reactions: Adopado