Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 MIC 2021 tail lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No you haven't as he will have to get approval from the office before fitting anything.
...and its odds on that you'll get a phone call the day before to clarify what the visit is for at which point it will be called off.

I've used the ranger service three times (with my previous MS) and each time they called 24hrs before and either confirmed or cried off.

Reactions: Mr H
What does seem wasteful to me is getting a service guy out because the windows on your new car are squeaking a little [gut response] 😇

But aye, its a bit annoying when you pay the same as the next guy and he gets the upgraded version of whatever and you get the previous (now obviously deemed inferior version), thats how I'm viewing the lights and will be trying to get them replaced also.

@Oxstock I'm almost sure the sales guy mentioned at one of my test drives that they had new lights (along with boombox), so I naturally assumed this was what he was taking about and yet here we are and don't get them. My driveway is dark, lots of trees, 2 lights are better than one :cool:
Thanks dude, as u said they accepted the job on Friday and messaged so not expecting another call. Will report back from what he says when he is here. Appointment was Tuesday but changed to tomorrow.

It’s for this reason I don’t think it gets raised much, simply put, people aren’t checking.

Overall I don’t think it matters what lights you have anyway.

We’ve all got nice teslas.
I'll be checking mine when mine is delivered on Wednesday. I'll be honest, I'll not be best pleased, to put it mildly, if I have the older lights.

I guess thats that then...

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 09.07.15.png

Reactions: Simonix
Tesla CS won't know what's happening from one car to the next, to be blunt. Only by plugging it in will they be able to see what options are coded to the car (one of them will be the light configuration, front and rear).

As said before I also think it'll be a struggle to get them to change perfectly working (but older revision) lights. Even if you get condensation in them you'll get the replacement lights that your VIN says you should have, the same with every other part.

If you don't get anywhere with Tesla CS you could always try either buying the lights yourself and see whether they work when you plug them in (I doubt they will work properly without being coded, but you might be able to get Tesla SC to do it, if they can). Could be quite an expensive thing to do though, given all 4 would need to be changed.