Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 SR+ Delivered - what do i need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Firstly, apologies to anyone who is still stuck in Tesla Delivery Hell - Its a pain, but for me at least it is worth the wait, the car is, on first use, spectacular... I hope you all feel the same once you receive yours..

I picked my M3 SR+ up yesterday from Birmingham. Now i have picked it up and had a look around, there are some things missing or that are required. i was wondering if you could advise on required accessories, or if anything is "a miss".

• Missing Aero Wheels - the Tesla Team informed me of this and they will be sent out
  • Wheels are bare without aeros, no center cap and bolts exposed, any solution for this?
  • No floor mats, is this the case for all? i want some M3 mats but just want some for now, any cheap alternatives?
  • No Frunk Mat? Is this normal?
  • Any additional interior accessories that are a MUST? i am not using the Key, but no holder on the center console is annoying.
Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Deano

Hello all,

Firstly, apologies to anyone who is still stuck in Tesla Delivery Hell - Its a pain, but for me at least it is worth the wait, the car is, on first use, spectacular... I hope you all feel the same once you receive yours..

I picked my M3 SR+ up yesterday from Birmingham. Now i have picked it up and had a look around, there are some things missing or that are required. i was wondering if you could advise on required accessories, or if anything is "a miss".

• Missing Aero Wheels - the Tesla Team informed me of this and they will be sent out
  • Wheels are bare without aeros, no center cap and bolts exposed, any solution for this?
  • No floor mats, is this the case for all? i want some M3 mats but just want some for now, any cheap alternatives?
  • Any additional interior accessories that are a MUST? i am not using the Key, but no holder on the center console is annoying.

Cheers
Deano
you can buy kits of nut covers and a centre decal to pretty up the wheels when not using the aero covers.

SR+ comes without mats at all - including frunk or boot. I can recommend a good set *cough, I make some myself* as RHD ones are hard to find.

As for centre console, I actually don't mind mine, tried a vinyl cover but didn't like it.

Also, I cannot believe they've supplied the car with missing aeros. And then not given you a free covering kit :/

Hello all,

Cheers
Deano
Hope you get the Aeros quick :/

Wheel centre caps

Wheels centre caps and bolt covers - For Tesla Model 3 S & X Center Cap Set Aero Wheel Cap Kit & Wheel Lug Nut Cover | eBay

I have these and they are great :) and only £10

Floor Mats

No floor mats i'm afraid in the SR+ - @PistonsDead is kindly manufacturing some if you wish for some premium mats or to look after the floor for a short period while you look around pop to Halfords/Argos for some cheap £15 mats

Frunk Mats

Frunk mat - same as floor mats -
TPE Before Cargo Tray Trunk Floor Mat Rubber Waterproof for Tesla Model 3 17-19 | eBay

I Have this one also for £13 :) and is a great cheap one that looks ok

Other Accessories

Look down the Thead for the Accessories thead, lots in there to look at.

Be careful of console wraps - the cheap £4 from ebay/amazon are terrible (Someone did a terrible job of wrapping a console :rolleyes:) - worth spending on that bit (Abstract Ocean do some great ones) - Again there is a thead "Console wraps"

Everyone on here will guide you to some cool add on/accessories so you can bling up your new pride and joy :)

Thank you. That's brilliant and very helpful, appreciate your taking the time to note it all down :)

I have the Caps and Frunk Mat on Order - they are they key things for me at the minute and then ill see what i need from there :)

Reactions: davidmc
Hello all,

Cheers
Deano
Hi Deano,

Glad you’ve got your car. I might be able to help you out with a couple of your bits.

I’ve got a spare keycard holder that came as part of a bundle of accessories. I’ll never use it. It’s like a shaped self-adhesive frame that sticks on where the keycard needs to go, and stops it moving about.

I’ve also got a set of eBay centre caps and nut covers. I’ve decided that I really like the aero covers, so will never use these. If you’re interested DM me.

Cheers,
Roy.

I’ve got a spare keycard holder that came as part of a bundle of accessories. I’ll never use it. It’s like a shaped self-adhesive frame that sticks on where the keycard needs to go, and stops it moving about.
Odd thing to keep your card there. I was told you only need to tap the card there and you can then store the card in you wallet and drive off

Hello all, thank you very much for all the links and info...

Roy - thanks very much for the offer - me being very impatient, i have already placed orders for both items, if any issues i will revert back.

On a slightly different point - i have found this item in the center console.. Any idea as to where it is from??
Again advice very much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20190903_193938.jpg
    20190903_193938.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 20190903_193951.jpg
    20190903_193951.jpg
    763.2 KB · Views: 50