Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sales adviser says these are actually on the lot. Seems like a software upgrade.
18" wheels, regular brakes, no spoiler, no track mode, but still 3.2 to 60 and 160 top speed

That's great. I guess that's different than ordering new, where Tesla is trying to simplify the process, thus not wanting to deal with price changes.
So if I go buy this "M3P-" today outside of a dragy how do I know it's the real deal performance? Will the smaller 18s hook and launch as well as the full performance pkg?

You'll know if the display shows the Dual Motor with the red underline. Otherwise, acceleration is your only way to know. And it won't be the "real deal" performance because it will lack track mode, but since not everyone uses track mode, you'll be fine. The 18s will get you close to the 20s in straightline acceleration, but will lag in cornering and possibly stopping.

Order placed on a M3P-. My OA says these are still unicorn cars and one cannot order to build but handful of these were made accidentally at the end of last quarter and Tesla is only selling those inventory cars. So the swap the 18 inch wheel option for Performance will probably disappear after the stock M3P- cars are sold out

Attachments

• Screenshot (96).png
    Screenshot (96).png
    72 KB · Views: 281
  • Informative
Reactions: SteveG3
Order placed on a M3P-. My OA says these are still unicorn cars and one cannot order to build but handful of these were made accidentally at the end of last quarter and Tesla is only selling those inventory cars. So the swap the 18 inch wheel option for Performance will probably disappear after the stock M3P- cars are sold out

I don't think thats true.. I think these are software upgrades. They have too many of these 'unicorns' around the country.

I asked my SA to let me know if a P3D- matching my LR AWD order shows up in inventory. For me this is a "wouldn't mind having it" but I would pay the $2k extra to get the car sooner.

However I'm torn because I wouldn't modify my order and lose my place in line just to get it, the LR AWD is more than fast enough for me, and I can spend that $2k elsewhere like another Tesla in the fleet in a couple years or a new bicycle.

Am I the unpopular opinion in this thread? I like to think I'm being logical.

Reactions: Phlier and 3Sweet