Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know if SC badges them or Tesla factory does them for P3D Stealth or P3D- whatever you call.

Many say these were AWD with software unlock but most have confirmed that P3D’s have 980 rear motor including me.

Yeah mainly interested if they are making more.
Most sales reps have been saying it was a one-time run in July 2019 ; so disproving that would be nice. As would finding one with a 990 rear motor.

Perhaps a separate thread to ask for actual build dates (not just the month/year sticker) would be helpful.

For whatever reason the VIN numbers are NOT reliable indicators of sequence.

I concur and I posted this before as well. VIN 418XXX and build date 07/19. Now if somebody else has earlier 418XXX build date than me, it might be possible that Tesla was waiting for right binned P rear motor.

So many theories but no clear answers.

That’s good news. It means this is no longer “limited production” per se and new ones will be coming.

Yeah, hopefully. But you know how these things go with Tesla. I figured that since it still showed the 18" on the website as a performance car option, why wouldn't they be able to be ordered for a future build? I would assume (and of course YMMV with Tesla) that if they didn't want to make this available longer term, it wouldn't be listed on their website, but would rather REALLY be an off menu option. Supposedly, my order sheet should change online tonight, so I will let you all know.

Supposedly, my order sheet should change online tonight, so I will let you all know.
That would be great... all the information we can get about these cars is much appreciated.

IMO, FWIW, the P3D- should be put on "the menu" permanently. Tesla has stated that they're having a hard time selling the Performance model, and the P3D- might just be the solution they're looking for. It sure was for me... in fact, it was *exactly* the car I was looking for.

The blue color wasn't my first (or even second) choice, but I have to admit that it's really growing on me. And for me, at least, it was worth going with second or third color choice to avoid the large brakes (which limit wheel and tire choice) and the performance suspension (easier on my poor spine and avoids anxiety on steep road entrances/exits and driveways)... I no longer have to do the "butt lift" to clear the bottom of the front bumper. ;)