Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my VIN is 418XXX and manufacture date is 07/2019. I see cars with 471XXX VIN’s on Tesla inventory. My buddy got his 438XXX VIN and it’s made in 07/2019 as well.

So basically proves that not all VIN range is used and it’s not sequential. I know this has been proven in past but just one more reference point.

I've had my p3 stealth for a couple weeks, it's incredible. Coming from a 650 hp camaro, this thing is a rocket ship.

Not a better deal on the planet than a 50k p3 stealth.

ZL1? No shifting and pushing the all that torque to "off idle" (need to come up with an EV equivalent phrase) makes it feel faster and it is til about 60mph but then the Camaro ZL1 will catch it at the end of the 1/4 mi.

An experienced driver in the Camaro should be able to pull a 11.5 sec 1/4 mile. I think these two cars would make a great 1/4 mile race. The C7 Grand Sport (460hp) I had would pull away from my MP3 if we are both going about 70mph+. Not many cars can take the M3P from a dig but once they get up to speed the powerful ICE cars will chase them down. What makes the Tesla so much fun is all that torque at low speeds where you can use it without risking jail time. ;)

Last edited:
Tesla will definitely change delivery location if requested. I changed my location from Springfield to Paramus after a terrible experience at Springfield.

I wouldn’t own a Tesla if I had to deal with the attitude and poor service of the personnel at Springfield.

• Informative
Reactions: UnicornDriver
Yea it doesn’t seem like you can flash LR AWD cars
"New" LR AWD cars. My Sept 2018 LR AWD car has a 980 motor with all the same inverter as the P cars built at that time. We still don't know the physical limitations fo the 990 motors, and whether they inverters/motors are capable of something more than current AWD numbers but less than the 980/P motors.

• Informative
Reactions: Scott7 and Nrazar
I’m a regular at Paramus, and was disappointed that my online order got directed to Short Hills. Trying to get it changed
We bought my 3 new at Springfield and our used model S at Paramus. The Paramus staff was night and day better than the Springfield staff, barring a few helpful folks in service at Springfield I found. The delivery experience at Springfield was terrible... "let's walk to your car, it's parked on the side of the building somewhere... (upon arriving at it) here's your key card, there's your touchscreen, this is how you adjust the seat and mirrors... see ya". I had to ask the guy before he ran away to make sure my phone app included the car I just bought!

Our P3D- with a carbon fiber spoiler, installed without asking (mistake?) by the service center. I've read on TMC that the Service Center should also update the car profile to reflect the spoiler, which unlocks higher top speed (along with showing the spoiler on the vehicle display). 'zat true?

spoiled.png