Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my Red P3D- on Aug 4, and finally going to be delivered to my house tomorrow! So close and yet so far!

qhc4gI6.png

Cu25CCa.png

Reactions: Phlier
Ordered my Red P3D- on Aug 4, and finally going to be delivered to my house tomorrow! So close and yet so far!

qhc4gI6.png

Cu25CCa.png

Please post more pics when you get it! I have exactly the same car but RHD somewhere at sea in the Pacific. Any chance you could tell me the VIN less the last two digits to compare to the 5YJ3F7EB0KF4882xx VIN I have in my HTML source?

It's good to know that they are delivering more P3D-'s. I received my car yesterday, and noticed the frunk gap was uneven, and the gap between the chrome on the passenger side was pretty big compared to the driver side. I took it anyway because I didn't want to wait for another one. I got home, and washed the car because they didn't do a good job cleaning it, and I noticed that someone opened my door and hit something. There's about an inch of paint missing that I pretty upset about. Do I have to worry about rust? I emailed them, and I'm hoping they fix it asap, and throw in the paint repair kit. I'll post some pics of my car and find out what rear motor I have over the weekend.

Attachments

• 20190814_235446.jpg
    20190814_235446.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 112
It's good to know that they are delivering more P3D-'s. I received my car yesterday, and noticed the frunk gap was uneven, and the gap between the chrome on the passenger side was pretty big compared to the driver side. I took it anyway because I didn't want to wait for another one. I got home, and washed the car because they didn't do a good job cleaning it, and I noticed that someone opened my door and hit something. There's about an inch of paint missing that I pretty upset about. Do I have to worry about rust? I emailed them, and I'm hoping they fix it asap, and throw in the paint repair kit. I'll post some pics of my car and find out what rear motor I have over the weekend.

I also have a small scratch on rear passenger side outdoor panel among other small issues. Only noticeable at an angle and very close inspection only during daytime. That’s why I couldn’t even see this during delivery. Just a simple job I would think for them to own and fix it.

The service center delivery guy totally ignores my emails now. Before sales they were all sweet, courteous and helpful. These people I can tell you are neither trained nor have time for you post delivery. Will call and shout at them soon. They work totally like corporate - After Sales it’s delivery guy’s problem and after delivery it’s Service teams’ problem.

Attachments

• D22F84BC-DF12-4A3E-AC31-9CD0D8EBCE0A.jpeg
    D22F84BC-DF12-4A3E-AC31-9CD0D8EBCE0A.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 98
The wait is still a month or so out if you can't find what you are looking for.
It looks like demand is starting to go up! On July 30th, my Sales Advisor said that the cars they were getting now were for customers that had ordered their cars one to two weeks prior (which included a bunch of P3D+ vehicles). It's nice to see that the demand is going up, but not so nice to see the wait times increase like that.

These damn P3D-. I just need a white one. Not too much to ask for, right? :/
If I would've known how hard it was to get one, I would've subscribed to the "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" theory with the wife regarding the opportunity I had to get *exactly* the car I wanted: a white on white P3D-. But being the good husband that I am ;) I waited to buy the car until I had worn her down/got her permission. It took me about 14 hours, and in that time the car was gone. There were no other white P3D- cars in the entire region by then. In fact, there were only two left in total in the region. I feel fortunate that I got the one I did!

Let us know how it goes?

And if anyone should happen to take delivery of a P3D- with an August build date, please let us know?

If I would've known how hard it was to get one, I would've subscribed to the "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" theory with the wife regarding the opportunity I had to get *exactly* the car I wanted: a white on white P3D-. But being the good husband that I am ;) I waited to buy the car until I had worn her down/got her permission. It took me about 14 hours, and in that time the car was gone. There were no other white P3D- cars in the entire region by then. In fact, there were only two left in total in the region. I feel fortunate that I got the one I did!

Same here, except it took me about 20 hours to wear her down! :oops: I ordered mine (LR AWD) on Father's Day, 2019! :)

Reactions: Phlier
I also have a small scratch on rear passenger side outdoor panel among other small issues. Only noticeable at an angle and very close inspection only during daytime. That’s why I couldn’t even see this during delivery. Just a simple job I would think for them to own and fix it.

The service center delivery guy totally ignores my emails now. Before sales they were all sweet, courteous and helpful. These people I can tell you are neither trained nor have time for you post delivery. Will call and shout at them soon. They work totally like corporate - After Sales it’s delivery guy’s problem and after delivery it’s Service teams’ problem.

It seems that way. I reached out to my sales guy, and he passed me to delivery department. My sales guy has been good to work with, but I have yet to hear from them the delivery guys. When I was there for my initial test drive, a woman came it throwing a tantrum, and the sales manager ended up giving her what she wanted. I tried the nice approach, and it seems to not work. Maybe I'll have to start yelling to get this resolved.

Your issue looks like it can be buffed out. My issue will require paint as the paint has scraped off to the metal. Good luck!

Guess I got super lucky! Placed my order for a White/White P3D- on 7/19 and they said I could pick up as early as the next day! Since I wasn't ready to do that I let that one go. Was matched to another car few days later and delivery was set for 7/29.

On 7/26, not knowing that there was a short supply on these cars, I asked to push delivery further out by few more days due to a personal situation. They said they would have to unmatch me and I was like "ok, no worries". We set a new delivery date for 8/9. On 8/7 I called to enquire about the new VIN and they said I would have to look at other options since the spec I wanted was not available anymore. I was literally in shock and begged the advisor to look nationwide. He promised to call me back in 30 mins and he did! Low and behold, he was able to rematch me to the exact same local car and said that he was able to grab the VIN which was about to be assigned to someone else. Not to mentioned, I thanked him profusely!!

Finally took delivery last night. It is everything I had hoped and dreamed of! The car is pretty much flawless, which is something I was very worried about. Taking it back in tomorrow to the SC to get the hood and front bumper looked at. The paint feels rough to touch in some areas -
20190815_123646.jpg
hopefully it's an easy fix with some buffing/detailing.

Happy to be a part of the Tesla family :)

my OA called me today to see other options available while I waited for my P3D+ and he found me a MSM on black P3D- for pickup 200 miles away. He was able to obtain the P3D- for me and assign the vin to my account (not showing on my account but found it through the view source) and matched what he sent me after he changed my order.

Was originally quoted for a month for my P3D+ delivery from 8/11 and now I'm hopping into a potential P3D- for delivery this saturday. Overall excited and I want to make sure they install the performance update as well as have the red line badge before I take delivery.

Thank you! I actually opted for the 19" wheels since I'm not a big fan of the Aeros with or without caps.
I liked the 19s for look, but IMO the 18s with aero off look better with certain colors, particularly if you do chrome delete. You don’t want a shiny wheel after you’ve just covered all the chrome. And they have benefit of better range and probably longer tire life.

I liked the 19s for look, but IMO the 18s with aero off look better with certain colors, particularly if you do chrome delete. You don’t want a shiny wheel after you’ve just covered all the chrome. And they have benefit of better range and probably longer tire life.
That's one of the great advantages of the P3D-... Being able to throw different size wheels on to your heart's content. Mine came with 19's, but I'm seriously thinking about getting a set of 18's as the roads in our small town are horrible. Don't think the 19's will last long here. I'll probably put some nice summer ties on the 19's and a good all-season on the 18's.

• Informative
Reactions: huangm777