Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will just add so far all 2019 stealths have had #980 rear drive unit and were all built in July.
We are looking forward to hearing otherwise and hopefully this thread will be where a Sept build or Oct build will be shown or a #990 in a stealth.

Any Tesla sales rep will tell you this was a one time thing and once they are gone, they are gone.
But with Tesla I don't think the sales reps have much if advanced knowledge of what will happen next week, month, quarter, etc...

The fact the AWD were previously built with #980 rear units and now are being delivered with #990 rear units seems to imply there is a difference between those parts and makes the likelihood of Tesla offering performance software future upgrade for a fee to current AWD less likely ; though again no one knows this for certain.

Will just add so far all 2019 stealths have had #980 rear drive unit and were all built in July.
We are looking forward to hearing otherwise and hopefully this thread will be where a Sept build or Oct build will be shown or a #990 in a stealth.

Any Tesla sales rep will tell you this was a one time thing and once they are gone, they are gone.
But with Tesla I don't think the sales reps have much if advanced knowledge of what will happen next week, month, quarter, etc...

The fact the AWD were previously built with #980 rear units and now are being delivered with #990 rear units seems to imply there is a difference between those parts and makes the likelihood of Tesla offering performance software future upgrade for a fee to current AWD less likely ; though again no one knows this for certain.
I should have listened and purchased 6 weeks ago when they had the car with the wheels I wanted. I realy wasn't sure to believe thsee would end up being limited.

AFAIK, they only made one run of these cars last year, and there have been a lot of posts here where people said their sales rep stated they were a one-off run during June and July for this year. My sales rep (and the Delivery Department Manager at the Las Vegas Tesla Store) also said they wouldn’t be made again this year; select from what we can find you, as there will be no more.

Their statements matched both what happened last year and what many SA’s have been quoted as saying on this board.

If you find one, buy it. It will sell so fast, you just don’t have time to “think about it.”

I missed out on exactly the car I wanted (white on white) because I “thought about it” overnight.

I ended up with about my fifth choice in color combinations, but the car itself mattered to me more than color combinations.

I actually feel lucky I got a car at all; there were only two left in the area where I could get free delivery, and both of them sold within minutes of showing up in inventory.

When my SA checked inventory for my car, there was no more stealth stock showing. He said that they expected the last cars to be added to inventory during the day, and I should hang out at the store for a while. He checked five minutes later, told me about the two cars, and said I only had minutes to choose between them. I grabbed the blue one, and simultaneously the red one showed as sold. They never had any more show up after this, according to my SA.

If a stealth happens to show up now, it is likely to be: a refusal, a return, or a demo. They have not been manufactured since the end of July according to the Las Vegas Delivery Department Manager. She told me this on August 21.

If/when they should happen to make another run of them, you should be ready to buy on-the-spot.

Reactions: Cultgti
...what?

The P was available, on the menu, with or without the $5000 Peformance Upgrade package, for months last year.

It was definitely not one run.
Thanks for the clarification. Since they did take it off the menu, and you couldn’t order it off menu, it still resulted in a limited run of cars.

IMHO, the P3D- should be a permanent option. Maybe someday Tesla will feel the same.

That was last year when Tesla wanted to sell lot of vehicles due to $7500 federal tax rebate.

Now let’s talk about it this year.

Think this year all comes down to how many #980 units they have made, how much more if at all the #980 part costs them.
If there is a cost incentive for them to make them, I see no reason why they won't make another run after the first run sells out.

Since they just made a large number of them in July they probably were not scheduled to make more in August no matter what. What would be the logic on not making more, say another run in October to kick off Q4 sales just like they did for Q3? I am sure the sales reps are asking HQ for more.

Reactions: Phlier
When I first saw this thread about 6 weeks ago, I left work early to go buy one in fear it would be a limited run and difficult to find in the future. I am so glad I did because hours after reading a post here I had my white/black ordered and picked it up a week later. The stealth performance is the best value in the automotive world, so if you see one for sale and you’re thinking about it, I’d suggest scooping it up. No regrets selling my MR car to upgrade!

I

How's the car?
Sorry, just saw this.

Is that a rhetorical question? :D
I have been mentally composing a long post singing the multifarious praises of this wondrous conveyance. I have so much to say.

Thanks again for hooking me up when both my local OA went awol for an entire weekend, despite me haranguing him via text and email saying "take my money!" and that Facebook group came up blank.

Sorry, just saw this.

Is that a rhetorical question? :D
I have been mentally composing a long post singing the multifarious praises of this wondrous conveyance. I have so much to say.

Thanks again for hooking me up when both my local OA went awol for an entire weekend, despite me haranguing him via text and email saying "take my money!" and that Facebook group came up blank.
No worries just making sure your happy! Glad it worked out.. my OA is pretty on top of things so I'm glad she helped.. I hear so much horror stories of their OA gone bad so I try to help tmc out!

Reactions: eustachio