Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding of the Sept promos based on what has been told to me in back and forth inquiries.
You can get either the SC 2 years free or the car upgrades (paint, wheels, interior). Max of 2 on the upgrades, cannot get all 3 paint, wheels and interior for free. Have to take delivery before Sept 30 that much is definite.
Free upgrades were supposed to apply to on the lot cars only initially, seems for some it has expanded beyond that and in other areas it has not.
Off the lot, a manager definitely needs to get involved to approve. Some managers may be more liberal with this sale.

If the car you want is showing as available inventory it does not mean it is on the lot, it could be in transit to the lot from Fremont and be anywhere from hours away to a week away.
The employees can see where a car actually is by vin#
For cars not yet on the lot, they seemed less willing to add the free extras and seems like if they think the car will sell easily before end of quarter they may deny the free extras on the car. If they don't think the car will sell otherwise, they give it to you.
Was told the sticker would reflect the price with the extras not showing as free so for any rebate programs where price of car has to be under X amount you have to count the normal cost of the extras.

Also to add, the freebies have to be manually adjusted later. So your initial invoice will show full amount and final MVPA will show deduction of say $1,500 for wheels and $1,000 for interior.

For cars not yet on the lot, they seemed less willing to add the free extras and seems like if they think the car will sell easily before end of quarter they may deny the free extras on the car. If they don't think the car will sell otherwise, they give it to you.
I wonder if it makes sense to stop sharing specific OAs, as recent posts seem to suggest interested parties can just call their local regional sales channel to place an order on a local inventory vehicle.

Referring to specific OAs would mean more potential approvals required on the P3D- which may show specific regional managers that these cars are in-demand, and make obtaining the credits a bit less likely (i.e. if they think someone else will just buy it anyway). If folks just contact their local sales channels the sales will probably be more distributed across different OAs and different regional manager approvals, meaning more likelihood of the discounted options.

Just ruminating...

• Informative
Reactions: CASE01
I wonder if it makes sense to stop sharing specific OAs, as recent posts seem to suggest interested parties can just call their local regional sales channel to place an order on a local inventory vehicle.

Referring to specific OAs would mean more potential approvals required on the P3D- which may show specific regional managers that these cars are in-demand, and make obtaining the credits a bit less likely (i.e. if they think someone else will just buy it anyway). If folks just contact their local sales channels the sales will probably be more distributed across different OAs and different regional manager approvals, meaning more likelihood of the discounted options.

Just ruminating...

It seems the Telsa system is setup so that the first time you step into a dealer and give them your email you are assigned to that OA for life or at least for the length of their employment.
Return back months later and the OA has moved but still works for Telsa, they are still your OA (true fact in my case)

Anyway, some OA's are good and some are not (like any dealership I imagine)
If you make an effort to leave your OA for another one ; your assigned OA is going to hear about it.
That is why Shiftkenny's got in trouble they were getting orders from multiple people that in Telsa's system already had a different OA assigned.

I don't think it is fair to the consumer to have to use one person who you might not like so don't see the problem with sharing a good OA with others.

Reactions: Scott7 and Electrph
It seems the Telsa system is setup so that the first time you step into a dealer and give them your email you are assigned to that OA for life or at least for the length of their employment.
Return back months later and the OA has moved but still works for Telsa, they are still your OA (true fact in my case)

If you make an effort to leave your OA for another one ; your assigned OA is going to hear about it.
That is why Shiftkenny's got in trouble they were getting orders from multiple people that in Telsa's system already had a different OA assigned.

I don't think it is fair to the consumer to have to use one person who you might not like so don't see the problem with sharing a good OA with others.
Agree. That's why I'm still sharing my OA shes been great I believe I'm doing the work. Even if I get 1 referral for every 10 I sell I'm happy to help my opinion is what's the difference between me doing the work and helping you guys compared to me helping my friends or family in other states..

I would add i don’t think it’s fair to “cut off” an OA making “too many sales” .. as somone posted i thought sales were dog eat dog .. not full on glengarry glen ross but still

Bah... you guys are killing me.

I'm not really ready to get a second Model 3 yet, but man... if there was a white on white new P3D- in the Vegas area...

You can't possibly be that unhappy with your color combo, can you? Maybe you just want two... Always get the car you want, in any case. Even if it's "buy now or never get a chance again."

Reactions: Watts_Up
Guys, I have run into delivery problem. My blue/black M3P- is in Florida and Tesla has problem moving the car back to Texas (East to West). They have moved my delivery date from Sep 10 to 13 to 20 and now to whatever. They have my money and they also the car loan money from BOA since Sep 6. For more than a week, nobody from Tesla will call me back.

What should I do? Keep waiting or go get a Long range while they are on sale and ask them to throw in some extra or just keep on waiting.

I know how over work, over match Tesla employees are but wow their service are real bad.

igCfMMf.jpg

Figured it out, this is the motor plate from my P3D-, September build
Can you explain how you took this picture?
- Did you have to remove any cover or diffiser?
- I lifted my car but I never look further than the holes to put the lifting jack pad.

At what point were you denied?

I am paying cash so I have everything set and trying to get delivery ASAP. Everything confirmed except final payment and waiting for car to hit the lot.

Then I got the call that Tesla HQ did not approve the $2,500 derivatives credit today.

It’s utterly absurd that the policy can change this much depending on your luck.

Anyone have contact for a better OA?

Just picked up my car today. Build date of 9/19.
Can confirm that it does indeed have the backup/forward speed speaker.
Makes me regret trading in my RWD. Lol
In Europe you can order a tow hitch option, but not in US
However, I wonder if both the US and the Eu Model 3 share the same rear diffuser located behind the rear bumper?
Because the rear diffuser has a small panel door allowing to insert a stealth tow hitch.

M3TowHitchPanel.jpg

i was just at the tesla store to see the 3.... the agent there said maybe free SC but didnt say yes to wheels/interior (didnt say the promotion ended though). luckily, she told me my OA already put in a request for the 19in wheels on my p3d-... so hopefully that goes through and i get comp'd, dont want to hold up a sale because im petty about $1.5k wheels lol.

on another note, customers should 100% be able to pick and choose their OA. theyre spending 50k or more on a car, you should be able to pick someone that get you what you want and paid accordingly. you can't half-ass sales and customer service and expect to do well.

An update...

I was denied the $2,500 credit. Looks like it's hit or miss. Looks like a few posters in this thread received the credit. I believe there was someone on Reddit who also received the credit. Kind of really depressed right now...

Any suggestions? Can I switch OAs?
They denied me, too. There were many that received it, only a few of us apparently that were shafted. I applied immediately on 9/13, too. I'm pissed. So many people afterwards got it until it seemed to go away. Rather unfair, leaves really bad taste in my mouth.

You can't possibly be that unhappy with your color combo, can you? Maybe you just want two... Always get the car you want, in any case. Even if it's "buy now or never get a chance again."
Oh, no regrets at all, it's a beautiful car.

The problem (if you can call it a "problem") is that we need two Model 3's. One for me, and one for my wife and son to share.