Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the current belief/official line On track mode for these cars. WAs told by a representative today that it was not included because that’s part of the performance upgrade package which these cards don’t have.
I don’t think you will get an official line from Tesla you will get diff answers ranging up to employees not even knowing P3D- ‘s exist :p
I don’t just believe my Stealth has track mode I know it does. I can go out to the garage and enable it now:)
I think the confusion may be with some deliveries of P3D- track mode (and some times other performance indicators on screen ) may not appear until car is left connected to WiFi to receive update(s)
Or there is confusion on how exactly to enable track mode

I don’t think you will get an official line from Tesla you will get diff answers ranging up to employees not even knowing P3D- ‘s exist :p
I don’t just believe my Stealth has track mode I know it does. I can go out to the garage and enable it now:)
I think the confusion may be with some deliveries of P3D- track mode (and some times other performance indicators on screen ) may not appear until car is left connected to WiFi to receive update(s)
Or there is confusion on how exactly to enable track mode

I totally agree. I have not seen one credible account of a Performance Model 3 owner that didn't get track mode. Track Mode comes with the Performance Model.

Reactions: shiftkenny
What’s the current belief/official line On track mode for these cars. WAs told by a representative today that it was not included because that’s part of the performance upgrade package which these cards don’t have.

When this car was announced in 2019 there was a small period of time when the website showed it as a performance model with 18” aero wheels

There was a white paper I believe from Tesla at the time that stated no track mode for this model

Every one of the actually produced cars though has had track mode as track mode is in the performance software flash

I think above is the reason for the confusion
Many sales reps read something once and stick with it, they don’t keep researching it on forums like us fanatics do

The other point is asking for a P3D- may not get you far, ask for a performance on 18’s and/or a stealth performance

Buying my P3D- was the simplest car purchase I have ever made. Not the most convenient, however. That was a location issue. To test dirve I had to go to Denver, 560 miles from Billings. I test drove a P3D-, red/black with 18" areos. The car I wanted. Problem was it had 200 plus miles, a demo model. Discounted $500+.
Weird, I tried it in park and in drive earlier and no go but it's working now in park. User error, I guess.

To enable track mode you have to be in park and put your foot on the brake.

There was a white paper I believe from Tesla at the time that stated no track mode for this model

This is not a complex enough issue for this topic to have it's own "white paper". Quite the opposite. There was a short period of time early into the release of Track Mode that Tesla said you needed to buy the Performance Upgrade Package to get track mode but they quickly back-tracked because they had already announced Track Mode for "Performance" models and you don't need the PUP for it to be a Performance model. They realized it would be unfair to all the people who paid for the Performance model but not the upgrade package.

Every Performance Model 3 gets track mode.

This is not a complex enough issue for this topic to have it's own "white paper". Quite the opposite. There was a short period of time early into the release of Track Mode that Tesla said you needed to buy the Performance Upgrade Package to get track mode but they quickly back-tracked because they had already announced Track Mode for "Performance" models and you don't need the PUP for it to be a Performance model. They realized it would be unfair to all the people who paid for the Performance model but not the upgrade package.

Every Performance Model 3 gets track mode.

I disagree cause you are talking about 2018 and I am talking about mid 2019
Too lazy to find the original document but it was on this forum I first saw it

My point was not that it was ever accurate it was why many of the sales reps to this day are still confused

I disagree cause you are talking about 2018 and I am talking about mid 2019
Too lazy to find the original document but it was on this forum I first saw it

My point was not that it was ever accurate it was why many of the sales reps to this day are still confused

Well, I've never heard of anyone buying a Performance model and NOT getting Track Mode!

You do realize there are people who just go around forums and spread untrue rumors just to ward off potential sales, don't you?

Actually, I'm pretty sure you are well aware of this.