Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get 3.5 by filling out the application or is that just what the website says?

I ask because if you qualify for a better rate from the bank they use the rate can come back lower than the website shows (happened to me, with a much lower rate than what the website stated at the time I applied)

You are right. Tesla says lowest advertised rate is 3.5 right now but they came back to me with 3.29% through chase. Chase own website advertised 4.19 as the lowest so its even lower than that.

This is a 60 month loan now I am wondering if 72 would be lower or higher..

Well .. after some thinking and figuring out my priorities .. i've decided to pass on the stealth performance. -- and just stick with my AWD order.

If the cars had been closer to WA, (nearest build that i wanted is in chicago) .. then i might consider it ..

cost is too high still for a feature that i dont think i will use often enough .. (i estimated that overall the stealth would cost me over $5000 more than my AWD drive.. (combinationn of the 19" vs 18", the price increase in model 3's since my order, and the money i would loose on WA tax incentives for trading in a car) ..

so i guess for me $5000 is too much to ask for just more acceleration.

It obviously depends on your state and individual insurance company but I believe insurance costs are based on the cost of the vehicle.

To the best of my knowledge there is no distinction in the Tesla VIN# that identifies a performance version.

It obviously depends on your state and individual insurance company but I believe insurance costs are based on the cost of the vehicle.

To the best of my knowledge there is no distinction in the Tesla VIN# that identifies a performance version.

Yeah, all dual motor 3s, P or not, have the same VIN designation for motors.

FWIW my insurance company asked me for the VIN, and nothing else. Not even the price of the car. So presumably a P or an AWD would be the same premiums.

I didn’t know that there was no distinction in the VINs.

However, it’s a lot more than just the cost of the vehicle. Why else do many insurance companies charge more for a Model 3 compared to a similar price Nissan Leaf?

A few years ago I shopped around for the best insurance for my Nissan Z car. AAA refused to insure. “We do not insure high-profile cars, or households that have high profile cars.” Extreme? Yes. Hopefully that attitude has changed.

Interesting. I wonder if there are differences in the Vin for turbo charged and non-turbo charged cars of the same make.
I talked to my insurance company, State Farm, and they said it was about $10 more per month for the Performance. I would make sure they have the right info, because if it is totaled they will replace it with what was indicated on the policy. In other words, if they have it on the policy as a LR AWD and it is actually a Performance, they will pay as if it is a LR AWD. I haven't asked about the M3P-, but I would guess that you either have to pay more or insure it as a Performance.

I talked to my insurance company, State Farm, and they said it was about $10 more per month for the Performance. I would make sure they have the right info, because if it is totaled they will replace it with what was indicated on the policy. In other words, if they have it on the policy as a LR AWD and it is actually a Performance, they will pay as if it is a LR AWD. I haven't asked about the M3P-, but I would guess that you either have to pay more or insure it as a Performance.

Good point. Did they specifically ask if it was a P, or did you volunteer the info?